• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

KAOS Glog - 2018

Welcome to my 2018 season.

Some more variety this year and really just growing favorites and some hopefully unusual chillies (for NZ anyway)
Also trying a new germination technique so it's all eggs one basket. I've trialed it and it works, but ya never know ...

Also aiming for two crosses this year
7 Pot Gravedigger x Carolina Reaper → Carolina Grave Reaper
Pimenta de Neyde x King Naga → Raven Naga

Grow list

7 Pot Bubblegum
7 Pot Gravedigger
7 Pot Primo
Aji Amarillo
Aji Jobito
Aji Peruvian
Berry Amarillo
Big Black Mama
Big Red Mama
Brain X
Brazilian Starfish
Cap Mushroom Red
Carolina Reaper
Chocolate Bhutlah
Chocolate Reaper
Devils Brain
Devils Heart
Dorset Naga
Guatemalan Red
King Naga
MOA Scotch Bonnet
Pimenta de Neyde
Purple Pumpkin
Tekne Dolmasi
Two Tone Torture
Urubu Wild
Yaki Blue
[SIZE=11pt]Yellow Brain Strain[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Special liquid mix into coco coir pots. Seeds on top and into custom germination unit at 27 - 28.5C[/SIZE]

THPa002FILEminimizer.jpg

THPa003FILEminimizer.jpg

THPa001FILEminimizer.jpg

THPa004FILEminimizer.jpg

bpiela said:
Cool list!  I like the crosses and whatever Two Tone Torture is.  Sounds like fun!

Cheers Bpiela. Hopefully the crosses pan out and the TTT is just a weird superhot I have growing. Pods are white and fleshy and turn to red right at the end in less than a week.

4c0d40ed90a2f2ccbd6a7085dcafee16.jpg

Devv said:
Good luck this season!

Thanks Devv. Will be good if the weather plays fair. So unpredictable over here.

karoo said:
Wow ,impressive list and organized seed starting .
Best of luck to you. :party:

Same to you Karoo and I must just remember to keep labeling right this time :dance:

What are you planning to grow in this year? Soil or coco? I'm just stuck and been changing my mind every other day... but I need to start buying stuff as its almost time.. 

Think I am leaning towards trying coco though as I haven't done it before so should be interesting to learn something new. 

dimensionz said:
What are you planning to grow in this year? Soil or coco? I'm just stuck and been changing my mind every other day... but I need to start buying stuff as its almost time.. 

Think I am leaning towards trying coco though as I haven't done it before so should be interesting to learn something new. 

This year I'm using Osmocote Professional Plus - https://www.bunnings.co.nz/osmocote-professional-40l-premium-plus-potting-mix_p08912042

I'll only be adding perlite to this at a 1:5 ratio and lining the bottom of my containers with coco coir chunks for drainage.

Figured I'd grow most of the plants in 10ltr containers so would get four plants per bag. Works out to $5 per plant at the start and having 30 plants it's around $150.

I'll leave the plants until first pods and then add some K heavy fertilizer to boost the plant before heavy fruiting.

Only reason is I buggered around last season with cheaper potting mix and added all sorts as I saw fit. The all sorts probably cost more than if I went with descent soil in the first place.

We will run this season as a keep it simple as possible with the best supplies.

Good luck with the coco grow and I'm sure you will have great fun tinkering with all that goes with it. I grew the first YBS Hempy method and that was most enjoyable to see pods come in super early.

KAOS said:

Unfortunately we don't seem to have those big 40L bags of the premium plus. But I used the osmocote potting mix in the orange bag last year and it worked just fine. 

This - https://www.bunnings.com.au/osmocote-professional-50l-premium-potting-mix_p2962143 

Actually tried the more expensive bag as well and noticed no difference between the two.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/osmocote-plus-organics-25l-premium-potting-and-planting-mix_p2961482 

karoo said:
Excellent work ,
I see you are testing the setup for the Aji Cito , or is that nr 19 over there?
;)

Test run for when we leash out the KAOS fury on the Citos  :twisted:

#19 is the Cap Mushroom Red - from the first pot photo. Not bad for 3 days germination.

karoo said:
P.S.
Aji amarillo germinated X4 over here .
Thank you once again for those seeds. Will post pics as soon as I get my Glog up and running.

It's a pleasure and just glad they arrived Jaques. Looking forward to some updates.

That is a nice looking list you have there.

You mentioned you were going to grow 30 plants, but you have nearly 30 different varieties on your list.

Are you just going to pick the healthiest for your grow and cull/sell/give away the rest?

What time of year do you figure you will have them outside?

bob65 said:
That is a nice looking list you have there.

You mentioned you were going to grow 30 plants, but you have nearly 30 different varieties on your list.

Are you just going to pick the healthiest for your grow and cull/sell/give away the rest?

What time of year do you figure you will have them outside?

I've decided this year to let fate run it's course and I'll be keeping two plants of each variety until end of September (around 60 plants total).
The rest will be sold or give to others as gifts as I need space indoors (around 110 plants total).
Of the two left over I'll keep the healthiest and plant that out hopefully first week in October (leaving 30 plants total).
The reason I've decided to do this is I know I'm going to itch to plant something else and I just won't have the space really.
Last year I must have had about 12 Reaper plants from various sources :think:

Back