• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Rain: More or less, change?

Last year I ran out of usable pond water.  Cant drain too low because they are stocked.  Had to rely on county a wee bit.  Not only is that expensive, but I dont like it.  Pond water seems to really speed up growth.  I think it is the fish poop.

I am not sure if it is a rain fall change or maybe I just used it faster.  But it seems like we are getting lots more rain in the spring and a lot less in the summer lately.  Has anyone else felt things are changing that way?

Down side is that if there is drought, the larger farms can get tax relief to help the get bye.  Thing is, they calculate drought based on annual rain fall.  Not rain fall when the farms need it.  Up side is the weather is encouraging me to build another pond to store what falls in the spring.  I love ponds.

A lot more spring rain, milder summer temps.
A later-starting summer, fewer scorching days. 
Autumn seems to be around the same.
A later-starting winter. 
More winter precipitation toward late winter.

We used to get +40C every year for at least 10 days, now we dont, mostly cloudy and hazy. Highs are around 37C when it happens.

So it seems like it is happening.  Could this just be in our brains and then we think we observe it?  There are so many people saying it isnt happening.  Surely they would have noticed too.  I am now much further south than when I grew up but no snow to speak of.  Growing up, we had drifts higher than me.

Back