• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Free Steak Sauce...for a price...

salsalady

Business Member
I'm not sure where to post this, in test kitchen or promotions.  Boss/Mods move it if needed.

FREE STEAK SAUCE!

My new Steak Sauce prototype needs some reviews!  I have 13 bottles of a new steak sauce that I will send out for the bargain price of sending me comments and reviews. 

Back story-
For several years now I've hosted a Making Hot Sauce class at the Grange hall in the winter.  This year, I asked the attendees what sauces they wanted to make and one reply was a 'spicy steak sauce'.  Hmmm OK...but in all of my life, I'd never even tasted Steak Sauce!  Pretty much lived by the thought that if the steak was good, it didn't need a sauce on it. 

But they wanted to make it, so I went to the store and bought a couple sauces (A-1 and Western Family) to taste what we were supposed to be making.  Well, those are interesting sauces, but I figured we could do better.

With what they made in the class and a few more tweaks to the recipe, here is the latest version of- 
Texas Creek Spicy Steak Sauce!

IMG_6886.JPG

IMG_6887.JPG

Comments needed-
general flavor
texture
heat level
acidity/sweetness balance
usability
any other comments...the usual~ :)

If you want to try the test batch and will commit to sending me comments (PM is fine), then go ahead and dibs on a bottle.  PM your mailing address to me and I'll get them in the mail over the next few days.

Thanks!
salsalady
aka-Ann

Thanks for the comments.  I'm excited for this sauce.  First new sauce in quite a while.  

Also, sorry to say, no international shipping unless you want to pay the difference.  
SL

one bottle taken.

4 gone,

Please send me your mailing name and address in the PM so I can just copy/paste it into the shipping label.

I can't say I'd be the best to articulate my thoughts on the taste and everything so I guess I'll pass, but I think it's really cool that you're sending out bottles for feedback. Best of luck with your sauce.

Andy, I would like all kinds of input. Yours, your family, friends...jump on in and send me your mailing address.

Pretty simple for feedback
Do you like it
Is it too sweet
Too acidic
Too hot
Not hot enough

Go for it!

Ooohhh..a bit of horseradish sounds killer. I dont think i would put it in the main sauce, but as an add on? Mmmmmm. D3- you want a bottle? Send me your addy~

salsalady said:
Andy, I would like all kinds of input. Yours, your family, friends...jump on in and send me your mailing address.

Pretty simple for feedback
Do you like it
Is it too sweet
Too acidic
Too hot
Not hot enough

Go for it!

Sure thing! Sending a pm.

Also horseradish sounds like a great addition. I may have to try that on the side.

No quali fying, just interest in helping out with honest feedback. Send me your addy, walchit.

I think about 8 are spoken for. Still a couple available.

I'm in please. Will review it with pics etc on rib steak.

You don't see many steak sauces and I am very intrigued by your new venture

:cheers:

First 8 are on the way today. I am excited to hear everyones comments. I already have two things to change, but i want to see if others come up with the same suggestions.

2 more gone as of 12:42pm Saturday June 9th.  3 more available. 

Dane gets one, 2 remaining.

Back