4 replies to this topic

#1 peppernovice

peppernovice

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 12:43 PM

We have a few plants with some small pods. Nothing too significant yet, but a good start. Take a look and let me know what you guys think.

Tim

#2 solid7

solid7

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • aka:Solid7

Posted 09 June 2018 - 01:50 PM

Not a bad start, Tim.  But one small bit of advice...  On the inground peppers, you should really consider adding a thick top layer of mulch on those.  I think this is the second or third year that I've seen your videos.  (I recognized that garden patch)  I am very partial to no-till gardening, and you have the perfect set of resources at your disposal.  With all of that vegetation in the backdrop, there must be significant leaf drop.  I'd be gathering as much of it as possible, and putting it down, all year round.  Before winter comes on, put down a 12-20" layer (or higher) right there in your garden bed, and just let it sit.  Then, don't till the following year.  Just dig your plants a hole, and put them in.

I honestly believe that you will be amazed at how your ground plants will kick, if you make that a standard practice.  It helps with fertility, moisture retention, and most importantly, nutrient retention.  Did I mention, no weeding?

Dave2000 - "Problem is, you happened upon the REAL DEAL."

#3 peppernovice

peppernovice

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 03:09 PM

solid7..... That's an interesting idea. I've seen people till leaves, garden refuse, etc into their garden, but never heard of a "no till" practice. I'll have to look into that idea. Thanks for the response.

Tim

#4 solid7

solid7

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • aka:Solid7

Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:01 PM

solid7..... That's an interesting idea. I've seen people till leaves, garden refuse, etc into their garden, but never heard of a "no till" practice. I'll have to look into that idea. Thanks for the response.

Tim

You're welcome.  You do this for a couple years straight, you will never need to till, anyway. This strategy will loosen even the toughest clay soil.

Dave2000 - "Problem is, you happened upon the REAL DEAL."

#5 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,273 posts
  • aka:Bhuthead Andy

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:57 AM

Looking good! Interested in the Tabasco x bbg and the big Molokai x sugar rush peach.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ghost Pepper, Chocolate Apocalypse, Jamaican Hot Chocolate, CPR, Bih Jolokia X Sugar Rush Peac, 7 Pot BG X Tabasco

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests