•  

The 11th Annual Hot Pepper Awards - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Photo

Crispee's 7-pot Sunshine Bajan Style Hot Sauce Review

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Edmick

Edmick

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:41 PM

The heat kinda took me a little off guard on this one and hit me in the funny bone of the throat for a second but I did enjoy this one. Full disclosure, I liked the other two better but a great sauce nonetheless by Crispee. Thanks buddy!

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#2 Crispee-FL

Crispee-FL

Hot

• Extreme
  • 645 posts
  • aka:Crispee

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:12 PM

Ed thank you again, I am honored! Full disclosure I like the other 2 better as well but it does nicely round out the trio for those who need that little extra punch of heat. I tried to keep the sauce as authentic as possible to what you might find in Barbados. Nice review hope to see some more!

#3 MikeUSMC

MikeUSMC

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,804 posts
  • aka:Iron Mike

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:52 PM

Another great review, Ed. And another awesome sauce, Crispee! I know I still owe you some feedback; I didn't forget about you, man. Long overdue! Life's slowed down a bit, and I'll get back to you shortly. You're killing it with your sauces, dude :cheers:
GIVE WAR A CHANCE

#4 Edmick

Edmick

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:35 PM

Ed thank you again, I am honored! Full disclosure I like the other 2 better as well but it does nicely round out the trio for those who need that little extra punch of heat. I tried to keep the sauce as authentic as possible to what you might find in Barbados. Nice review hope to see some more!

I like to follow up my reviews with the sauce in action on a dish so tonight I'm making shrimp and chicken curry with it. Not my firat thought on what it would go good with but on aecond thought, I think it would go great!

#5 LittleJake1973

LittleJake1973

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:29 PM

I am sure the sauce is awesome....but you lost me at the flat bill on your cap 🙄....FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND COUNTRY, please roll that cap bill, I am begging here, P L E A S E roll that bill 😜🤣

#6 Edmick

Edmick

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:55 PM

I am sure the sauce is awesome....but you lost me at the flat bill on your cap 🙄....FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND COUNTRY, please roll that cap bill, I am begging here, P L E A S E roll that bill 😜🤣

This aint hillbilly country buddy, this is SoCal and thats how we roll haha. No but seriously, thanks for watching. I'll take your recommendation into consideration but when you have a fat head like I do, the flat bill is a little more flattering lol

#7 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,860 posts
  • aka:Bhuthead Andy

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:38 PM

Why would they sell the hat like that if they wanted you to bend it all up? This ain't little league.

#8 WarrantMan

WarrantMan

Hot

• Extreme
  • 887 posts
  • aka:Reggie or "The Warrant Man"

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:21 PM

Great review Ed, you've got the knack. Kudos!

I was privy as well to try this one. I've only a pinch of it left. It does have a kick. I'd never tried this style before MikeUSMC turned me on to it, so it is my only benchmark for comparison. I do like it. I haven't cooked with it, but found it to be a great charcuterie companion. Not sure what it is intended for, but for me it pairs well with sopressata, salami and summer sausage. And of course some cold beer.

His Caribbean pineapple mango sauce forever changed my mind about fruit sauces and it went something quick.... (hint hint, will trade...)  :cheers:

Crispee,

Jump the hoops, run the red tape. You've got some good products! It ain't easy, if it was, everyone would do it!  Keep trucking..

"You Have The Right To Remain Fiery"

#9 MikeUSMC

MikeUSMC

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,804 posts
  • aka:Iron Mike

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:34 AM

I'd never tried this style before MikeUSMC turned me on to it, so it is my only benchmark for comparison

Haha, that's funny because I didn't have a benchmark when making mine either ;) I'd never even tried this style of sauce before, so I wasn't even sure what I was aiming for :shrug:
GIVE WAR A CHANCE

#10 Crispee-FL

Crispee-FL

Hot

• Extreme
  • 645 posts
  • aka:Crispee

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:43 AM

Great review Ed, you've got the knack. Kudos!

I was privy as well to try this one. I've only a pinch of it left. It does have a kick. I'd never tried this style before MikeUSMC turned me on to it, so it is my only benchmark for comparison. I do like it. I haven't cooked with it, but found it to be a great charcuterie companion. Not sure what it is intended for, but for me it pairs well with sopressata, salami and summer sausage. And of course some cold beer.

His Caribbean pineapple mango sauce forever changed my mind about fruit sauces and it went something quick.... (hint hint, will trade...)  :cheers:
Crispee,

Jump the hoops, run the red tape. You've got some good products! It ain't easy, if it was, everyone would do it!  Keep trucking..

hey Reggie no problem new batch coming up in the next few weeks, Ill let you know when its ready.  

Haha, that's funny because I didn't have a benchmark when making mine either ;) I'd never even tried this style of sauce before, so I wasn't even sure what I was aiming for :shrug:

Mike yours is awesome! Different yes but amazing flavor.

#11 Edmick

Edmick

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:52 AM

Mike yours is awesome! Different yes but amazing flavor.

And HOT. I think Mike was trying to kill me haha. Flavor is super on point though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests