• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Tomato Pics

only have a few types but as with chilli's, Tomato's are addictive and here are some of what i have up so far..

some1 started my new obsession with these, as had probs germinating so asked if i could get 1 up and get some seeds..

the Galapagos

Galapagos.jpg

here's the Bushman, it's a small bushy type and needs no staking

bushman.jpg

and this beauty the Black Russian, its going berserk..

blackrussian.jpg

on the Left, couple of lil Papaya and the Right is the Tahitan lime..

Blackie and the Bushman are fruiting, here are the Black Russian's so far

blackrussianfruit.jpg

and Just got from a Horticulturalist from Philadelphia a heap of diff seeds and 2 tom's
Brandy Wine (Lycopersicon Cycopersicum) pink and apparently reallly nice
Mortgage Lifter,, 2kg tomato's , Geeez they going in tomorrow

and a cross that i so can't wait to grow, a Tabasco x Bhut (apparently) cooool...

and a cross that i so can't wait to grow, a Tabasco x Bhut (apparently) cooool...

More like HOT HOT HOT :)

Nice to see the toms must admit looking forward to growing some differnt ones myself..A galapagos tom now theres a thing,best of luck growing them Neil :)

Thanks for the pics, when I look outside,see nothing but frost and sad looking leftover plants,it's good to see such beauties thriving. We will make it through the winter if you keep us happy with lots of pics!

When did you plant the black russian???

I have one I planted about a month ago as a seedling and it isn't even half that size???

Great looking healthy toms too...

Update

Ya Wait Ages, Buy in Faith

Water feed and It get Huge,, then you get Really Excited as it Fruits

But then,,,,,, they Ripen

Now if these are Black Russians think im going colour Blind

Brussians.jpg

I Hate That..

but the Galapagos is Finally Flowering

Galapagosflowering.jpg

and got a Baby Mortgage lifter and tiny Brandy Wine ..

mortgagebrandywine.jpg

oh well , i know they are what are.. :)

those galip's are a great variety. I have one up here that comes up wild every were, currant tomatoes and italian heirlooms are my varieties of choice.

Hippy,

FWIW, I had an extremely hard time getting tom seeds to germinate using the same soil I did for peppers. Switched to a much finer soil and I've been above 90 percent germination.

Mike

wordwiz said:
Hippy,

FWIW, I had an extremely hard time getting tom seeds to germinate using the same soil I did for peppers. Switched to a much finer soil and I've been above 90 percent germination.

Mike

used coir for some tomatoes and had 5 variety's germinate in 4/5 days lovely for germination :)

What flavor can you expect from the black russian? I am wanting to try new varieties next year and looking for ideas.

Back