• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Teas

I have a decent amount of vermicast and pellets left from potting up. I've seen multiple members mention making teas out of these, and there's a whole 51 page thread on it (AACT). However, sometimes they are mentioned briefly, and other times are way over my head. What would be a good way to make use of these leftovers, that doesn't require additional equipment like airstones and airpumps? Is making them into liquid ferts worth it if I won't be doing AACT (which, from what I've gathered, is the setup with pumps and whatnot)? I also have nearly a liter of unsulphured molasses and a 100ml bottle of a biofertilizer containing bacillus subtilis, bacillus megaterium and saccharomyces sp. Cheers, thanks.

You won't be doing AACT without the pump or airstone, but you can just soak any solids or pellets for 24-48 hours, add the molasses and bacteria before application.  Then, let it work in ground/container.  Use spent solids as a top dress on plants.
Not quite the same as AACT, but not a waste of time, either.  

Sometimes i toss some Alaska fish and kelp pellets in water and let them dissolve overnight. My plants seem to like it.

Now, you can make a kelp solution from food grade kelp without a air stone and it does work. Rehydrate and thoroughly rinse some wakame or kombu seaweed. Add it to some water and run it through a blender. Put the solution in the fridge for a day. Strain out the solids and dilute with more water as needed. Its only takes a couple ounces to make 5gals or so.

You can top dress with the solids or just add them to your compost pile. I just put mine on the ground plot.

This is the general idea on video. I think i paid about $4 on sale ($8 normally) for the same size bag at my Asian market.
2GjbNKO.jpg

Back