• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Leaf discolouration

Hello guys, fresh blood here, also completely new to growing plants in general.
I have some Habanero plants going, growing inside without outside influence/contamination, so unless there are invisible pests I don't know of I don't think that is what I am dealing with.

Here are some pictures, any ideas what this could be and what I should do?

https://imgur.com/a/30Q2Hmh

Thanks in advance!

I won't be able to give you a definite answer but sometimes when I move my plants outside for the first time this hapens during the hardening off period.

Another explanation could be impatiens necrotic spot virus but I have my doubts about it. Sorry I can't help you out more but what I can tell you is when this happens to my plants it has never been fatal.

Actually, I just saw the other pictures and it doesn't resemble the damage I've seen during the hardening off period .. still can't say for sure but look into impatiens necrotic spot virus.

If this is the case a user by the name of "luckythumb" just posted about this and might be able to help you treat it.

Doelman said:
what's your fertilization regiment?  

Basically none, I started from seed mid may and the soil I used after putting them into pots had some basic fertilizer in it that is supposed to last for 8 weeks plus it has guano in it as well. Since the 8 weeks are not up yet I haven't really considered fertilizer yet. Could that be the issue?

in case it helps: I also planted a bell pepper, treated the plants basically the same, kept them next to each other, but the bell pepper is completely fine

Gaillard said:
in case it helps: I also planted a bell pepper, treated the plants basically the same, kept them next to each other, but the bell pepper is completely fine

I'm no expert (far from it) but have ran into a similar problem with certain plants doing well while others with same treatment are fine.

Have you tested the soil? Wonder how the potassium levels are, probably fine just curious. A soil test even a cheep one I'm finding is a very good tool.

They are young and your giving them some sun so probably going to happen a bit. I had a reaper that showed up "sick" or so I thought. Inside the leaves were horrible compared to the rest of my plants and it was about where yours are now. I almost didn't even waste the time taking care of it and since I had a twin only grow that one. Well the one I thought was sick after moving outside, hardening, and a few rounds of fertilizer it is a giant with leaves bigger than my hand and out performing the "healthy" plant in growth/blooms/pods and it will probably be the overwinter choice and clone host of the two. At that age it's hard to tell.

I treated all my plants the same fert and water but I'm gradually moving to a treat on a case by case basis.

Being in Germany your still waiting patiently for transplant time but once you get them outside they'll sort themselves out I bet.

Back