• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Problem with leaves

Hi,

Can you please help me identify this problem with my aji lemon leaves?
They are dropping every day almost.

Thanks,
Luis

Attachments

• 6255A780-4A63-480A-9AC0-0F435B6AC5C8.jpeg
    6255A780-4A63-480A-9AC0-0F435B6AC5C8.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 71
Reds_Habanero said:
Yes, they are mostly from the bottom.

Then it is a normal behavior and just today i picked few of those yellowing lower leaves from my c.baccatum plants. Most of those bushier c.baccatum tend to go pretty crappy looking once they get older but also they might drop those leaves if you overwater them.

Chilidude said:

Then it is a normal behavior and just today i picked few of those yellowing lower leaves from my c.baccatum plants. Most of those bushier c.baccatum tend to go pretty crappy looking once they get older but also they might drop those leaves if you overwater them.
This 2 plants are less than 1 year old. The plant looks nice

Looking at the picture, you might have overwatered the plants for a while now and they respond to it by dropping those lower leaves.

Chilidude said:
Looking at the picture, you might have overwatered the plants for a while now and they respond to it by dropping those lower leaves.
I try to water only when the soil is dry one finger down the soil. But it can happen

Reds_Habanero said:
I try to water only when the soil is dry one finger down the soil. But it can happen

Also the lack of light will make those leaves drop, so the leaf drop can mean many things.

Reds_Habanero said:

I'm not sure what "one finger down" means, nor whether you're talking my finger, your finger, Jesus' finger, etc...  But if we're talking the width or depth of one finger, as opposed to the length of one finger, then you're definitely overwatered.
And that does look like it could be leaf drop due to watering.
Have you got a fan on those plants?

solid7 said:

I'm not sure what "one finger down" means, nor whether you're talking my finger, your finger, Jesus' finger, etc...  But if we're talking the width or depth of one finger, as opposed to the length of one finger, then you're definitely overwatered.
And that does look like it could be leaf drop due to watering.
Have you got a fan on those plants?
One finger down, means 3 inches from the top of soil. The plants are outside and the temperature has been around 30°C in the day and 20°C at night

Sorry, I thought they were indoors.

Leaf drop due to overwatering can be diagnosed by feeling the leaf.  If the rest of the leaves on the plant feel like latex, that's probably the case.

What's the potting mix?

solid7 said:
Sorry, I thought they were indoors.

Leaf drop due to overwatering can be diagnosed by feeling the leaf.  If the rest of the leaves on the plant feel like latex, that's probably the case.

What's the potting mix?
The mix is a well known potting mix here in Europe called compo sana, and it has perlite and quality peat

Back