• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Is this iron deficiency?

I have a red bhut jolokia, it is very slow growing may more than a month since its first set of true leaves.
I am seeing yellowing of older leaves from tip, is it an iron deficiency that is causing this?

86fd2bbfbf57a6fbc30ced0d8e972059.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

When planting I had used crushed egg shells. Also, a few weeks ago I had added around 10 granules of npk 20:20:20 dissolved in water.

What do you suggest chelated iron EDTA or anything else?

flash23 said:
When planting I had used crushed egg shells. Also, a few weeks ago I had added around 10 granules of npk 20:20:20 dissolved in water.

What do you suggest chelated iron EDTA or anything else?

Try feeding it more often with a suitable complete plant food, perhaps every other watering for starters.

Do you really need to worry about feeding when they're this young? I'd be more worried about the mix looking dry with no visible perlite. I'm definitely not an expert, but I don't worry about feeding at two sets of leaves.

flash23 said:
I am using around 30% coir with the rest regular soil, no perlite.

You are going to need some aggregate. Preferably perlite or an equivalent.

It might just be a runt plant.

However, if you want to keep it, it may be worthwhile to try a better medium. Fox Farms Ocean Forest would be my choice.

Back