• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Heinz Garlic Chili Sauce

Hi All!

Look what I got yesterday!
Heinz Sriracha Ketchup %)

Very sweet and pretty garlicky sauce.
Mild and inoffensive. According to the label
it has zero sodium, but I can taste it well ;-)
Funny stuff.

Attachments

• WP_20180630_06_13_31_Pro (2).jpg
    WP_20180630_06_13_31_Pro (2).jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 112
The regular Heinz Chili Sauce is 0 sodium also. The garlic chili sauce is not on their USA website. It appears to be a product for international sales.

Mom and grandma used to mix it with horseradish for a shrimp cocktail sauce.

All the links i can find come back as .ae...Arab Emirates. Could not find the product on the Heinz China websites or the Malaysian ones. I would have guessed Thai or Malaysian.

0 sodium does not mean absolute 0 it means they are allowed to label it 0 by FDA guidelines. Example. You can call a cola 0 calories if it has less than 5. So all the 1, 0 stuff is marketing. Probably has 3.8777.

The Hot Pepper said:
0 sodium does not mean absolute 0 it means they are allowed to label it 0 by FDA guidelines. Example. You can call a cola 0 calories if it has less than 5. So all the 1, 0 stuff is marketing. Probably has 3.8777.

i realized this a while ago at a restaurant when i was bored and reading a splenda packet. 0 calories, and yet the first ingredient is dextrose. liars! lol

Yep there is actually about 3 calories in a packet of splenda.

The really nasty one is the 0 added trans fats on things like margarine.

They make the suggested serving size small enough to pass the guidelines to have 0% marketing claims but you can potentially get a large dose if it is your primary cooking baking fat because you believe it is good for you.

When dealing with people that are on heavy sodium restrictions, the difference between Heinz ketchup 160mg+ and the No Salt added 5mg is a massive difference. Quite frankly, companies put way more salt in products than is needed. Thats one of the reasons i love PexPeppers sauces. The sodium is ultra low compared to others and its still a mighty tasty hot sauce.

Back