event CHILI-CON

I haven't eaten anything remotely hot but as I type this I feel tingly all over like that of an endorphin high. 

Roughly 4 years ago I made mention of promoting a chili fest as an item in my bucket list. It has been on my mind ever since and has now become a seedling of an accomplishment of the future.

I do not wish to prematurely make any kind of official/formal announcement but at the same time do not see how I can stop what is now rolling forward (however slow and diliberate that may be) from continuing to do so.

No official dates confirmed.

I have a specific venue selected for consideration. to be announced when confirmed.

No further details to be divulge till a confirmation of venue.

I have started a committee of a close knit group of fellow chili heads that have my utmost confidence in helping in bringing this epic event to fruition.

I AM SO STOKED RIGHT NOW! No words can describe it.

Being that this is somewhat a grassroots start that is snowballing quite quickly, I find myself inundated with details in all of my idle time. 
This event has the potential to become more that I ever envisioned, and trust me when I say I have already envisioned a lot.

This, the THP community as I have observed over the years has a rather large and talented group of artists. Should the time come and it will, I am interested in having available, contact info of anyone that may be willing to provide their services.

Particulars will be discussed confidentially.

The group at this time consists of,
Graphic artist
Web development and management.

I have a new email acct for matters directly relating to CHILI-CON, PM me for contact info.
Thanks.

I am looking for a mailing or emailing contact list of horticultural product manufacturers or distributors. Or leads for the similar. 

Lighting, nutrient lines, growing medias, testing equipment, RO filters, aqua/hydro grow systems environmental control systems etc etc.

Any and all recommendations will be helpful, Thx.

Brew & Grow is a regional chain that I'd imagine would be interested.

Chicago Roots is another who you might contact.  I'd suggest Urban Produce as well.  These are vendors who are using the products you describe, so even if they aren't into attending Chili Con they could help shed some light on contact info.

Here's an interesting article that might be of use.

Also might be worth your time to contact some of the vendors from the recent Chi Town Hot Sauce Expo - I'm sure there is plenty of "cross pollination" that could be beneficial to both sides.  (and the vendor list that attended was quite extensive)

I might suggest if looking for sponsors to make each proposal tailored to that person and not a blanket message that looks like spam. Learn a bit about the company beforehand. Talk about it and why you think they'd be a great sponsor. Find out who to contact directly beforehand, perhaps by calling.

And stay away from mailing list purchases. They do not want to be contacted, those are spam lists. They may sell you a horticulture list but it's a scam. How often, when you sign up to a mailing list on a site do you check "Yes please sell my email to anyone"? Never.

SmokenFire said:
Brew & Grow is a regional chain that I'd imagine would be interested.

Chicago Roots is another who you might contact.  I'd suggest Urban Produce as well.  These are vendors who are using the products you describe, so even if they aren't into attending Chili Con they could help shed some light on contact info.

Here's an interesting article that might be of use.

Also might be worth your time to contact some of the vendors from the recent Chi Town Hot Sauce Expo - I'm sure there is plenty of "cross pollination" that could be beneficial to both sides.  (and the vendor list that attended was quite extensive)
Thanks for the leads and the article. I will read NJ it more extensively when I get back on the PC. Phones and bn long arrivals just dont mix well.

The Hot Pepper said:
I might suggest if looking for sponsors to make each proposal tailored to that person and not a blanket message that looks like spam. Learn a bit about the company beforehand. Talk about it and why you think they'd be a great sponsor. Find out who to contact directly beforehand, perhaps by calling.

And stay away from mailing list purchases. They do not want to be contacted, those are spam lists. They may sell you a horticulture list but it's a scam. How often, when you sign up to a mailing list on a site do you check "Yes please sell my email to anyone"? Never.
I should have been more clear, I would have gone through the list and selec tr ed specific companies that I felt would be a good prospect for consideration. There are a lot of growers on this forum that use products that they would highly recommend. Those are also the companies I would be interested in inquiring bbn of.

CAPCOM said:
I should have been more clear, I would have gone through the list and selec tr ed specific companies that I felt would be a good prospect for consideration. There are a lot of growers on this forum that use products that they would highly recommend. Those are also the companies I would be interested in inquiring bbn of.

I was just noting as a tip and not assuming. I've received what I thought were some flattering proposals only to see they were complementing a different website in the message, oooops, cut and paste, hahaha, so just make sure each message is personal, targeted, and informative. 

Are you using a product for your peppers, be it for sauce production, grinding dried pods, dehydrating pods, Filling bottles, composting, mixing medias, lighting etc etc. That you absolutely love?
Post it here including the manufacturers name. I literally mean anything and everything including a JOHN DEER and impliment if you use one.

This convention will be an all industry event

I realize this is early but I want to get it out there so you all have time to take it under consideration.

When an official announcement is finally made, I hope to see many of the hot sauce, pepper powder and fresh pod producers from this forum signed up for a booth. If you cannot make that commitment, your brand can still benefit. I am planning to have a heavy entertainment schedule with lots of random drawings. These drawings would be for any products that are donated by you. Anyone that is interested in making product donations please email me at CHILICON2020@GMAIL.COM.

Back