• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Making the sauce!

Alla3.jpg

3 different sauces:

60 with the one in the background, 6 bottles of 7-pot and 21 bottles of "death in fire".

I have learned some lessons after burning every inch of my body numerous times. Protection ON!

skyddskl%C3%A4der.jpg

Getting hold of empty bottles was one of the hardest things. Finally i had a small store that sells alcohol-related stuff, sell me 100 bottles of 250ml bottles for $100.

tommaflaskor.jpg

more to come....

etiketter.jpg

I made the labels in Adobe Illustrator. Fantastic program and i´ve got it at my computer @ work!

l%C3%B6k.jpg

Loads of red onion!

And Garlic:

vil%C3%B6k.jpg

im not done yet...

I let it simmer:

chilis%C3%A5skok.jpg

When i think its ready i check the ph. Jamie Oliver looks satisfied with the sauce aswell.

pholiver.jpg

I bottle the sauce while its still boiling and then quickly on with the lid.

s%C3%A5stappning.jpg

And then i just stack them in the fridge until i get the cravings for some hot sauce or when someone wants to buy some ;)

kylendeathinfire.jpg

This is the first time i sell my sauce. I´ve sold 50 bottles the first week and have recieved great response. Everyone is screaming for more and wonder when i´ll cook again :shame:

ok, now im done, hehe...

thanx!

hehe, yeah, cant be to careful with the safety ;)

nope, not a company, just for fun as a hobby. i always use to give away sauce to friends and family and they love it. so i thought ill make a big batch and try to sell it. i will finance a new growlight! but if all the hard work is worth the money? no way! but its fun as hell! :D

let my know if you come across the atlantic ocean then ;)

i almost give them away: $5 for the mild and $6 for the hot one. i shipped 2 bottles today and the shipping was more than the bottles :D

imaguitargod said:
: imagines Sickmont rolling around the floor sticking the stickers all over his body and laughing menically :

Boy....what an odd visual.... :D

I was thinking more about my bike and big toolbox, dude.

Thats a nasty visual, man. Just nasty.

imaguitargod said:
: imagines Sickmont rolling around the floor sticking the stickers all over his body and laughing menically :

Boy....what an odd visual.... :)

:shh: Boy, odd that you are imagining Sickmont rolling around on the floor! :oops:

Nice looking sauces uUu. I'd love to try the 7-Pot one.

Sounds and looks great! I'm with IGG, I'd surely get one of each if I lived nearby. I ordered some sauces from Denmark recently and the postage was higher than the price of the sauces (I'm in Germany). I can't do this too often! :)

Back