Happy 4th Everyone!
I've got a problem I'm hoping you smart pepper-veterans can help me with. I'm new around here, thank you all in advance for your help. And please feel more than free to rip apart my grows/systems/looks/etc. Thanks again guys!
• Seeds start in an AeroGarden
• Transplant when I first prune (6" plant) into deep-water culture. The DWC setup is an 8-plant 4-square foot bin with one 45w (cheap Chinese) LED panel about 8" from the top of the plants. Water is spiked with Hydroguard for first few weeks, pH 5.6-6.0, PPM 800-1200 (now realizing that's too high). Nutrients are GH MaxiGrow until fruiting, then 2/3 MaxiBloom + 1/3 MaxiGrow.
1) Need to gradually lower PPM to ~600 from 1200
2) Culture water is too hot (~75°)
3) In Florida I have an awful time keeping mold off my grow media (foam sponges and rock wool) which fosters Fungus Gnat Larvae.
Unknown Problem (Help Pepper Veterans!):
1) When my peppers get 12"-24" tall, leaves will begin to turn brown, spotty, between vasculature. Leaves are affected top→down. Once it starts it gradually spreads lower and lower to older growth. Leaves and young fruits fall off.
2) Pepper leaves flip over :-/. They usually flip back over on their own so I don't mind too much.
Thanks a lot guys!