• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant I have a plant that I did not plant.

SpeakPolish said:
Lol, how'd I get a freebie. Its probably a hybrid. Also at least if youre insulting me then at least help me in finding the pepper.

I'm not insulting you - I'm just pointing out irony.  Is a plant that you did not plant, not a freebie?  (are we not still enjoying the humor in that whole 'seed scammer' thing?) :D

I wish I could help you identify it, but you know as well as I, that there are infinity possible permutations for what that COULD be.   And really, a picture on the internet of a few closed up buds on a sickly looking plant, isn't much to go by.

Kool-Aid man gave you the best possible advice.  Well, almost.  Even better, would be to nurse that thing back to some kind of health, and make it beautiful.

Also, you shouldn't knock hybrids.  They often turn out to be some of the best, and inspire growers to make them NOT hybrids.  Receive with gratitude.

AndyW said:
Do those sepals look like a pepper? I haven't grown a ton of varieties, but they look off from what I've seen.
Yes, the only flower bud thats open looks like a Chinese or at least in an annum complex. But there are multiple flowers per node so its probably a chinese

Edmick said:
If you moved in 6 months ago it could very well just be a volunteer from the previous tenant.
Impossible, the house was built just before I moved in. The house was finished building 7 months ago. Probably a hybrid which I wouldnt hate or a bird dropped some seeds from somewhere.

Edmick said:
Well you are in Texas and you guys do have wild capsicum there. Chiltepins
That is very true but this has some Chinese traits like multiple flowers per node. I do realize there are super annum that have multiple flowers per node but I dont think wild peppers have that trait.

Back