Aji Charapita Peppers

Hello! My husband and I own a small pepper farm in SE Georgia, www.facebook.com/autumnsharvestpeppers. We specialize in hotter peppers. We decided to give the Aji Charapita Peppers a try. They have thrived! Now we have a slight problem...what comes next? We haven't been able to find much information on how to sell them. Our harvest is coming in but we have no outlet for these. Anyone have a suggestion?

The good thing about these peppers is they can be dried relatively easy. I'd dry them out and bag in quarter ounce bags, then hit the streets. Something like this..

a5a1fff2-b3fc-4d50-b322-03a9dba56cf9_1.3f83190122b0d4513fdb5e5369a28700.jpeg

We live in a rural area, there is no way people would pay even a fraction of market value on these. There doesn't seem to be many people selling them online though. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot?

Any Peruvian/southAmerican/Fusion restaurants in a nearby urban center you could market to?
I'm sure they'd love to have locally sourced fresh/dried charapitas

We are located near Savannah, GA. I am going to reach out to some of the higher end restaurants. Charleston and Atlanta aren't too far either. Thanks everyone!

You could save a bunch of seeds and sell those on eBay. If you can't find an outlet for the peppers, I would vacuum seal a bunch and put in the freezer, and dry a bunch too. You'll find uses for them later in the year when you don't have anything fresh.

:welcome:

Sell some in our Forum Ads section. Really? I'm the first to suggest this!

Yeah, I don't know what "market value" for these is exactly, but I don't think anyone has paid what some of these articles and websites claim. But, whoever is on the marketing board for the Aji Charpita pepper...props

Have you eaten any? I see people on here talking about growing them but no one is saying whether or not they're satisfied with them.

Ghaleon said:
Have you eaten any? I see people on here talking about growing them but no one is saying whether or not they're satisfied with them.
I have tried them and think they are delicious. I put a review of one on YouTube. The problem I have is they are so tedious to pick. I let a bunch go to waste last year because I just didn't feel like picking them.

Back