• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

nutrients Megacrop, J. R. Peter's, and other dry nutes

Just wanted to let everyone know that's been at the mercy of all the bottled nutrients and getting forked over a ton of money on different products such as calmag, silicon, part a, b, c etc to give these dry nutes a shot.. I did and haven't looked back at dynagro or GH or any of em. Unfortunately I've spent and used a lot on and of em but just felt compelled to make a post to anyone that wasn't aware that some of these complete dry nutes are great, and you can still add your homemade calmag with Cal nitrate and mag nitrate, kelp meal, etc, but for a fraction of the price! Totally happy with Megacrop [emoji769] after trying Jack's classic (j. R. Peter's [emoji769]) but still had good success with their products, namely their bloom booster. 22lb bag for $55! Makes 2000-4000 gallons depending on concentration and ph's with no additives, 18 amino acids, kelp, silicon, a true complete 1 part! Cal and mag (6.5%cal and 1.9%mag),as well as all the trace elements! This is not an ad, I'm just overwhelmed at finally finding an affordable and complete solution! 10-5.5-14.5,which if you look at nutrient uptake curve for pepper and tomato actually matches the proportions on point! Even includes b-vitamins and chitosan which is derived from crab shell and such and repels certain pests! Not to mention they offer free 230g samples which is how I got started, $3 and change for shipping.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
03b0fe745985a33545c2c3d449f5cbe0.jpg

YAMracer754 said:
Just wanted to let everyone know that's been at the mercy of all the bottled nutrients and getting forked over a ton of money on different products such as calmag, silicon, part a, b, c etc to give these dry nutes a shot.. I did and haven't looked back at dynagro or GH or any of em. Unfortunately I've spent and used a lot on and of em but just felt compelled to make a post to anyone that wasn't aware that some of these complete dry nutes are great, and you can still add your homemade calmag with Cal nitrate and mag nitrate, kelp meal, etc, but for a fraction of the price! Totally happy with Megacrop [emoji769] after trying Jack's classic (j. R. Peter's [emoji769]) but still had good success with their products, namely their bloom booster. 22lb bag for $55! Makes 2000-4000 gallons depending on concentration and ph's with no additives, 18 amino acids, kelp, silicon, a true complete 1 part! Cal and mag (6.5%cal and 1.9%mag),as well as all the trace elements! This is not an ad, I'm just overwhelmed at finally finding an affordable and complete solution! 10-5.5-14.5,which if you look at nutrient uptake curve for pepper and tomato actually matches the proportions on point! Even includes b-vitamins and chitosan which is derived from crab shell and such and repels certain pests! Not to mention they offer free 230g samples which is how I got started, $3 and change for shipping.

03b0fe745985a33545c2c3d449f5cbe0.jpg
Not to mention the NPK ratio closely matches the nutrient uptake curves providedby leaf analyses of both Haifa of Israel and Berger in America

thefish said:
how has it been working? I've been thinking of switching to Jacks 3-2-1 or this since I saw it advertised on instagram. 
Dude it rocks! I've tried the Jack's 3-2-1 before trying megacrop and was so happy about the results I had ordered the stuff I needed to make my own calmag supplement (Cal nit, mag nit, iron edta) since the Jack's Is lacking in that area and I'm growing in coco for all my containers, and stumbled upon canna dudes growing with megacrop and looked into it and they're a rocking newer company that is actually concerned with putting out a solid one part product for all growers. I even talked with the main guy Christian online and he said they're new packaging is actually going to include peppers and tomatoes on it as previously they've been geared toward marketing to the canna growers. Great stuff though, ph'es awesome every time no matter the water, mixes well, foliar great, and ppm/ec always in a nice range..
Concentrated too! 3/4 tsp is about what 4g works, out to and runs 550ppm with my well water which is 80ppm so about 420ppm of nutes for 3/4tsp, assuming a full tsp is around 450 which is perfect for peppers and if you look at Berger or Haifa the NPK ratio nearly matches the nutrient uptake curves driven from their leaf analyses... I'll take pics of my plants tomorrow. Plus it includes kelp, tons of b vitamins, and all the chelated nutrients are chelated with amino acids instead of hard chemicals like EDTA and DTPA.

Plus now I don't have to worry about the potassium silicate from GH messing with my ph(strong base)

ShowMeDaSauce said:
Thanks, i will try a free sample. Mix dont look bad and at roughly 20grams per 5gallons of water thats quite a few basically free gallons.
Heck yea man your peps and wallet will thank you!

I finally bit the bullet and bought the 22lb bag, for $55 thats still a huge win compared to the stuff we all buy on here

ShowMeDaSauce said:
I will just be using it for plants in containers but it appears that about 20-25grams per 5 gallons of water should be fine.
Yeah I use it for both so far, like you I got some bunch of containers, like 25+ fabric pots and some plastic as well, 4-5g/gal bit I just made a stock solution with the 230g sample so 1g/ml

YAMracer754 said:
Yeah I use it for both so far, like you I got some bunch of containers, like 25+ fabric pots and some plastic as well, 4-5g/gal bit I just made a stock solution with the 230g sample so 1g/ml

Once I have my big bag I'll probably make big batch of stock solution with the quarts of empty GH and dynagro bottles! Lol. 946ml(32oz)so ~1000g/bottle
Then I can just use my big 60ml syringe for all my 1gal water/milk jugs and do 3-6ml depending..

Ive been pretty happy with mixing Alaska fish emulsion with CNS17 Grow. It comes pretty close to covering all the bases but its missing the kelp and chitosan.

Chilidude said:
Interesting product and it even have 6,5% of calcium in it. Give it a nice long testing phase and report back.
Will do brother, and also to SMDS' post, I've combined it with Alaska fish emulsion to great results as well...

YAMracer754 said:
Will do brother, and also to SMDS' post, I've combined it with Alaska fish emulsion to great results as well...

If it it has all the nutrients the plant needs, you should not need to combine it with any other products to get the results. Keep using just the Mega crop for few plants to see how the plants like it.

Chilidude said:

If it it has all the nutrients the plant needs, you should not need to combine it with any other products to get the results. Keep using just the Mega crop for few plants to see how the plants like it.
Yeah definitely that's my plan

YAMracer754 said:
Dude it rocks! I've tried the Jack's 3-2-1 before trying megacrop and was so happy about the results I had ordered the stuff I needed to make my own calmag supplement (Cal nit, mag nit, iron edta) since the Jack's Is lacking in that area and I'm growing in coco for all my containers, and stumbled upon canna dudes growing with megacrop and looked into it and they're a rocking newer company that is actually concerned with putting out a solid one part product for all growers. I even talked with the main guy Christian online and he said they're new packaging is actually going to include peppers and tomatoes on it as previously they've been geared toward marketing to the canna growers. Great stuff though, ph'es awesome every time no matter the water, mixes well, foliar great, and ppm/ec always in a nice range..
Concentrated too! 3/4 tsp is about what 4g works, out to and runs 550ppm with my well water which is 80ppm so about 420ppm of nutes for 3/4tsp, assuming a full tsp is around 450 which is perfect for peppers and if you look at Berger or Haifa the NPK ratio nearly matches the nutrient uptake curves driven from their leaf analyses... I'll take pics of my plants tomorrow. Plus it includes kelp, tons of b vitamins, and all the chelated nutrients are chelated with amino acids instead of hard chemicals like EDTA and DTPA.

Plus now I don't have to worry about the potassium silicate from GH messing with my ph(strong base)

I've been using dynagro-foliage pro , protekt, kelp extract and compost tea in coco with great results but I dont like paying for water. My main reservation is that I don't like to constantly dose kelp. I have a great kelp extract that works best dosed every 3-4 weeks. probably should worry too much since it would be surprising for the plant hormones to in kelp to remain stable in a dried state and its just being used as an organic carbon source + micronutrients.

thefish said:

I've been using dynagro-foliage pro , protekt, kelp extract and compost tea in coco with great results but I dont like paying for water. My main reservation is that I don't like to constantly dose kelp. I have a great kelp extract that works best dosed every 3-4 weeks. probably should worry too much since it would be surprising for the plant hormones to in kelp to remain stable in a dried state and its just being used as an organic carbon source + micronutrients.
Yeah I've been on that same program as well before the dry nutes, and before that the GH trio(micro, grow, bloom, and supplement bottles: potassium silicate (protekt/armor si/etc), dyna gro FP, and hydrated kelp and AACT's: compost/vermicompost/kelp/alfalfa/molasses teas; and I see no reason why you can't do those just like we've been doing where ya make a brew and apply once every other or few weeks, month, etc. I'm growing in coco as well, and like you with great results, but also-like you:not a fan of paying for water! Especially when I learned how to make and purchase the stuff in bulk for pennies on the dollar compared to the big corps like dynagro, GH, Advanced Nutrients, etc..

sinensis said:
ordered a sample as well. $3.18, not bad
I know right! These guys should be hooking ME up for bringing them the biz lol! But for real it's good product, not to mention the free sample for the price of 1st class shipping, good business model if ya ask me! Really though the hookup is in the price itself.. 22lb for $55, I even did the math on the Chinese copy of tomato tone at Walmart "expert gardener" tomato food and even that comes in at like $80 for that quantity and thats not soluble, nor is it a quality product even comparable to tomato tone. No kelp, amino acids, b-vitamins, or any of those other "luxury features" us pepper and veggie fiends would consider!
Plus we can continue our AACT and kelp and all that alongside, plus it's supposed to be at least "semi organic" considering all the micros are chelated with amino acid and mineral sources instead of harsh chelators like EDTA and DTPA

Back