• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Super Bridge

According to most crossing websites these crosses should be possible.
Ghost Pepper x (Tepin x Lemon drop) and Baccatum x Eximium and Eximium x pubescens
Then
(Baccatum x Eximium) x (Eximium x pubescens)
Finally
((Baccatum x Eximium) x (Eximium x pubescens)) x (Ghost Pepper x (Tepin x Lemon drop))

Yeah, pubescens' are amazing. Really flavorful and amazing flowers. Just imagine if we could have a pepper that has DNA from all other domesticated peppers

Saw this in my email. first post back in more than a year, but yes, you should absolutely do this, and then send me some seeds :D lol

One pepper to rule them all, one pepper to bind them... one pepper to rule them all and in the darkness bind them :)

`
While I believe trying new things and being innovative a good attribute......

SpeakPolish said:
According to most crossing websites these crosses should be possible.
Ghost Pepper x (Tepin x Lemon drop) and Baccatum x Eximium and Eximium x pubescens
Then
Finally
((Baccatum x Eximium) x (Eximium x pubescens)) x (Ghost Pepper x (Tepin x Lemon drop))

I see above as:

523499886_orig.png

OP has to realize that each cross has to be grown out for 8 - 14 generations to stabilize to 99% true:

dxbBE59.jpg

I wish you luck in your endeavor but I believe you'll lose interest before you'll see a pod that you're looking to "grow". I suggest you read through Aji Lemondrop x Burning Bush Habanero (Baccatum x Chinense) and Different pod genetics.

YMMV NECM

`

Honestly I've thought about this, but I have trouble crossing two peppers, much less doing this, so good luck. I don't see why you'd necessarily have to stabilize every step of the way, but it may be a good idea to do this more than once so you have a better chance of getting any pube qualities in the end.

I wanted to try something similar eventually. I've read that the pubescens have extra cold tolerance, so that could be useful. Maybe some day we'll have a pepper that can survive zone 5 winters... or at least have super-hots with black seeds for novelty value.

Back