•  

Photo

Growing peppers in the north! Hydro all day everyday.

hydro firsttimer

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#101 J.H.Skarby

J.H.Skarby

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • aka:Jaize86

Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:28 PM

It's very interesting to follow your progress, Mild.
Been wanting to try hydro grows for a while, but with no personal knowledge of the process, it's difficult for me to know where to start.
Kratky seems like a "safe" route for beginners, especially here in Denmark where we have those systems in greenhouses already.

Anywho - I noticed that you, and a few others have troubles with BOC and BMJ.
I can report that I too have problems growing them (mine are growing in soil).
Too much direct light and leafs die off fast.
All my plants were put outside for a few hours to harden them off in the sunlight and wind.
BOC and BMJ took a massive hit that day.
They were stunted for a few weeks until today really, where they are finally bouncing back and putting out flowers again. They aint pretty atm.. But with a little patience they just might make it.

Thanks for sharing your work and experience growing with hydro :)

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#102 PaulG

PaulG

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,270 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:11 PM

Taste test of my Andy's King BOC.

IMG-4555.jpg

Full of oil, im already scared.

Hahahahaha, bro  :rofl:  funny!

Closeup of capsaicin oil. 

Now the actual taste test: The smell is incredible, very very fruity. I can faintly detect the ghost smell. Not floral at all. Like an orange mixed with lemon.  

My tolerance for superhots are very low, this early in the season, so I cut a small piece of the tip. 1cm properly. 

First a fruity almost sweet, kinda like a honeydew melon. Then within the first second an OVERWELMING HEAT! Im not joking, this made my eyes and nose run and destroyed my mouth. Mostly tongue and not the throat, which I guess is preferable for me. This will make an excellent hot sauce!

GAWD! That is one wicked lookin' pod, Rasmus.

Kudos for giving it a try!

Update* 

Im not sure I can make the weekly update for the next period, im going to study for my last exams before finally being done! 

YAY! Congratulations!

The next two pictures are of my Amarillo, notice the thickness of the stem here;
IMG-4567-2.jpg
Vs the top, I don't know if you can notice it, but the stem at the bottom is thinner than the top. However the plant is starting to set flowers and seem overall very healthy (the leaves are a bit droopy, as the day here is almost over). I read something about damping off, but could that be the case here? I thought only small plants could be the victim of this? 

Typical of the AA I've grown over the past 6-7 seasons, Rasmus.

To me, and in my summer climate here, they grow almost more

like vines. Stems just like the ones in your picture.

:dance: Every Pod a Victory!  Life Force is Strong!

Pimenta de Neyde x Bonda Ma Jacques - Community Grow 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hydro, firsttimer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests