• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Stressed Out Jalapeño

My neighbor has given up on her garden for the summer. That's not unusual here, she's looking at the Fall garden rather than maintaining her Spring garden.

She asked if I wanted to adopt her Jalapeño.

KV6QVAy.jpg

Why not?

It'll be interesting to see if it bounces back from this.

Get a tray to water the pot from the bottom.  At some point, you my need to determine whether the pot is root-bound.  Pick it up and look at the drain holes to check for roots.  Re-potting is a whole different subject.  Some trim roots, put into same pots with new soil.  Some put into bigger pots with new soil.  some just do whacky stuff.  All up to you.  When mine look like that, I re-pot them and the watering from bottom up seems to be the key in N Florida.  Best of luck.

I couldn't help but share a picture of this plant after I saw it.

I hope I'm not over-playing the drama too much.

It may bounce back fine with alittle watering.  It's already looking much better after a few hours.

DontPanic said:
Haha!  It bounced back much better than I was expecting!

I guess I should have had more faith in the resilience of a Lowe's Jalapeño

fTbHRib.jpg

my local Lowes has plants from BonniePlants. same thing at walmart and home depot. they seem very hardy and most pepper plants droop in the middle of the day when its really hot but they bounce right back when the temp and sun drops. glad to see it bounced back.

Back