• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

snack-food Fiery Habanero Doritos

Just goes to show ya, fiery foods are taking off like never before. I think they still need salsa / hot sauce for the heat but they have good flavor and leave a little tingle in your mouth as is.

They really aren't that bad. Considering they are a mainstream product. They are unavailable in NJ, but I had a case of them shipped to me from Texas. Frito-Lay is also out with Habanero kettle chips, ans supposed to be much hotter than the Doritos. I'm now in an all out search to find them.

OK I tried these today. Good flavor ( for Doritos) but not hot at all.

What I hate about hese sort of products is the stuff that gets stuck to your fingers.

Chuk,
We had a large discussion about these on the HSB. They aren't hot, but for a mainstream product, it shows that the industry is at least trying to bend towards hotter and spicier foods. I have a bunch of these bags here, and a lot of my friends find them very warm if not too hot. One must realize that groups of people on this forum as well as other chili forums are not the mainstream consumer when it comes to hot foods. If Doritos was to put out a product that was hot for you or me, the general public just wouldn't buy them. As I stated Frito-Lay is also coming out with Habanero kettle chips that are supposed to pack a better amount of heat. So far, I have been unable to find them.

P_Schneider said:
Just goes to show ya, fiery foods are taking off like never before. I think they still need salsa / hot sauce for the heat but they have good flavor and leave a little tingle in your mouth as is.
==========================
I'll have to keep an eye out for these products. Thanks for the heads-up.

Well my wife didn't think they were hot either and she has nowhere near the tolerance I do.

Too bad you guys don't live in Texas. There's all kinds of habanero flavored products down here. I thought they were already mainstream. Guess I was being provencial.

Isn't Canada where you find those crazy Ketchup flavored chips? And the ones that taste like dill pickles? Though the salt and vingear ones have gotten popular here in the States, and I used to only be able to get those in Canada. Maybe they can't find space to put the habanero doritos amid all the other condiment chips.

Tina Brooks said:
Don't knock dill pickle chips until you've tried them!

T

THAT's just plain nasty. YUCK!!! I understand your climate freezes the brine, but c'mon!

What's next, hot dog or hamburger chips with a side of cole slaw chips?

DEFCON Creator said:
Tina Brooks said:
Don't knock dill pickle chips until you've tried them!

T

THAT's just plain nasty. YUCK!!! I understand your climate freezes the brine, but c'mon!

What's next, hot dog or hamburger chips with a side of cole slaw chips?

I dunno from slaw, but the other ones you mentioned.... All-dressed.

T

just ate a whole bag of the doritos habenero.....not bad..not scorching hot but a good kinda smokey flavor for me...kinda liked em...that and i can keep a bag at the house and there mine.....all mine...evil laugh
that and salt and vinegar chips....there alll mine nobody else likes em.

bubbaschili said:
just ate a whole bag of the doritos habenero.....not bad..not scorching hot but a good kinda smokey flavor for me...kinda liked em...that and i can keep a bag at the house and there mine.....all mine...evil laugh
that and salt and vinegar chips....there alll mine nobody else likes em.

Something tells me that you'd like Dill Pickle.

T

dill pickle will be the next bag i try...doritos yesterday had a buy one get one free so i got habenero and pepper jack or something like that
ill let you know

Back