labels Rate My Label

Finally starting to sell my product. Curious as to what you all think of my label. Thoughts?

The background (koi fish, lotus flowers) are on a reflective chrome material. It looks stunning when light hits it.

Attachments

• 98575A1A-C79C-4DBE-BD79-56817AD1717F.png
    98575A1A-C79C-4DBE-BD79-56817AD1717F.png
    214 KB · Views: 122
  • 2F58EA2F-F0FA-4985-9304-3E9311068060.png
    2F58EA2F-F0FA-4985-9304-3E9311068060.png
    221.2 KB · Views: 104
  • D182BDE6-465D-4D51-A1CC-8A30A844367D.jpeg
    D182BDE6-465D-4D51-A1CC-8A30A844367D.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 117
First impression is AWESOME!

Comments:
The two swords on the back, it looks a little morbid, as in blood, perhaps you can show a pepper being sliced in half and flying away... so it looks less like a beheading.
I agree with the above, up the scale of the main logo.
"A blend of heat and savory honey sweetness" - Honey is not savory, this needs to be reworded.
Refrigerate does not have a D.

Looks very simplistic as is and doesn't say too much about the sauce. I don't necessarily mind the size of the logo but would like to see its colour change to match the contents on any future products. Not that that matters right away.
To me, that (mostly) black and white look says "cheap supermarket brand" but, from your description, this image isn't truly reflecting how it looks in person. I suspect, like Heartbreaking Dawn has done with their "Fervor", you're banking everything on holographic detailing which is going to look great on a sunny market stall but is liable to come across rather underwhelmingly if you ever get into stores of any sort. Or even just a dimly lit indoor venue.

I'd say you want to do a little bit more with it, or maybe just up the prominence of your existing design, and it might be nice to fill the space between the name and size with a set of stylised flames for heat rating. Colour matching the logo, of course.
Actually, scratch that, have stars up to 7 as a subtle Dragonball reference.

Swords on front slicing a pepper would add some pizzazz. Yes I said pizzazz.

Or just superimposed over a pepper shape. Simple/clean like u have.

oof. didn't even realize the d in refrigerate. chalking that one up to the graphic designer LOL. although i should have caught it. i only ordered 500 labels. i'll change it once i need more. these will
just be collector items in the future (ha ha)

honestly, I thought the same thing when it came to the holographic design. I thought that indoors and dimly lit areas wouldn't really make it pop. but it still looks very snazzy. yes I said snazzy.

thank you all for the kind words and criticism. this is my first sauce and I am very proud of not only the label, but the sauce itself and how I am going to brand it in the future. definitely going to change the color scheme/holographic design according to the color of the sauce. 

I wanted to add a little more DBZ references but I don't want to get sued lol.

as for the katanas with the sauce blood on it: the sauce blood is my little "easter egg". how much sauce blood on the katana represents how hot the sauce is. 

Just make sure whatever store picks you up doesnt put it in the tiny little "asian" section next to the wasabi or somewhere stupid like they do at my local market. Unless of course thats where you want it... I always have to check multiple sections cuz they put sauces in the dumbest places sometimes.

I like it, nice clean look.  Colors go well with the sauce.

I'd like to see the logo enlarged by about 20%, lower the Tangy Hab text closer to 5oz and maybe nudge the logo down also to even out the open spaces.
don't like the dripping swords, but as Boss said, maybe a sword cutting a habanero.  Not sure how they tie into the logo or theme anyway.  Just keep the logo on the side panel and expand the romance wording. 

oh- just saw the post of the blood is the heat indicator.  I did not get that at all.  Maybe if there were other sauces right there also,I would of figured it out.

Okay I am with you man. You will always get comments even on a perfect label because it is all subjective. But this is clean and pro.

I like your heat scale idea. But how about a legend? In other words, if someone picks up a bottle of your sauce how are they supposed to know that is your heat scale? Unless they look at 3 different bottles and put it all together. So I like your katana idea sure. But maybe on the side of it, a vertical thermometer, with the thickness of pepper "blood" going from thin to thick...

salsalady said:
oh- just saw the post of the blood is the heat indicator.  I did not get that at all.  Maybe if there were other sauces right there also,I would of figured it out.

Case in point.

Did your graphics person show you other combinations for the logo?  I like the design, but feel like the orange color on the light background is a little soft.  Should have something more to make it really stand out.  Maybe outline the whole thing with black, maybe try it with black outline and black letter, then the orange color could be changed per sauce.

Looks very appealing to me. I agree with the boss and the changes he recommends for the swords. 

I think something like this would work well

Fruit ninja style! Using a pepper instead of the watermelon of course

Attachments

• fruit ninja.jpg
    fruit ninja.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 100
vertical with the handle down, mild is one drip right at the top, XHot is the whole sword dripping, with "mild, medium, hot, xhot" written out.

or something like that;) 

Writing all levels can look cluttered, you can just have a thermometer look with 5 dashes, and mild at the bottom, extreme at the top... and fill the sword up with the pepper blood accordingly... 

Put HOT in the middle, so you have medium "assumed" below and extra hot "assumed" above.

salsalady said:
...lower the Tangy Hab text closer to 5oz and maybe nudge the logo down also to even out the open spaces.

This is why I was suggesting a more traditional style of heat rating on the front. That space between the name & description and the bottle size is just begging to be filled with something.

The Hot Pepper said:
Writing all levels can look cluttered, you can just have a thermometer look with 5 dashes, and mild at the bottom, extreme at the top... and fill the sword up with the pepper blood accordingly...
Put HOT in the middle, so you have medium "assumed" below and extra hot "assumed" above.

Dashes or notches in the blade?

Back