• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Is this a tepin?

aelixe.jpg

Bad pic, let me know if you need a better one. I got it in a trade on another site, I always thought tepin were more round. These are larger and more roundish than my pequins though.

11988ax.jpg

'Tepin' on the left, Piquin in the right. I just took a nibble from the flesh and the tepin was significantly hotter, and had a fruity/floral flavor that the piquin didn't have. I couldn't find any pics of tepins quite this long, but i think the trader was from Arizona, so should know tepins. This was the only seed to sprout out of 10 and was a very tiny and slow growing plant.

AndyW said:
Looks like my Thai hot ornamental from Bonnie. Can't say for sure though.

happytinker said:
11988ax.jpg

'Tepin' on the left, Piquin in the right. I just took a nibble from the flesh and the tepin was significantly hotter, and had a fruity/floral flavor that the piquin didn't have. I couldn't find any pics of tepins quite this long, but i think the trader was from Arizona, so should know tepins. This was the only seed to sprout out of 10 and was a very tiny and slow growing plant.
Id put this also as a Thai ornamental. It looks very similar to mine except mine is way thinner. Id say its a hybrid. If you tell us the site I think we could confirm

Back