• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Black garden ants

Hey!
So i there are quite a few black garden Ants wandering around my hot pepper plants, however they dont seem to be eating from my plant, and Havent had any problems with pets so far (touch wood)

Could they be a good thing to have around?

Have never had any issues with ants roaming around the garden beds...think long as they arent building a nest you should be fine. I did have them build a hill under one of my apple trees though..it never did recover.

Check for aphids. The ants themselves won't harm your peppers, but some ants like to farm aphids, and they will also defend the aphids from natural predators. When I spot a bunch of ants on one of my pepper plants, I often find aphids there as well.

I constantly find carpenter ants (big black fellas) toolin' around, but they never harm anything in my garden. In fact, they help pollinate.
i82xg43.jpg

At least they seem to like the Baccatum flowers.

Bhuter said:
I constantly find carpenter ants (big black fellas) toolin' around, but they never harm anything in my garden. In fact, they help pollinate.
i82xg43.jpg

At least they seem to like the Baccatum flowers.
Yeah! they do the same on mine! they must enjoy the nectar

Same on mine. They run all over and i always find some in the flowers. Never seem to hurt anything so i leave them alone. They loved my Asian long beans too.

Back