• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense White Bhut W Strain pod test

Great review as always, Peter. I grew these last year and I am growing them again this year. The seeds came from Justin. I am thinking that you may have picked that pod a bit early. Mine ripen from light green, to a very pale yellow, then they eventually lighten to a creamy white color. The one you tested still appears to be in the pale yellow stage. They should whiten up nicely if you give them some more time.

Just to show the color difference:

2j3zir1.jpg

BlackFatalii said:
Great review as always, Peter. I grew these last year and I am growing them again this year. The seeds came from Justin. I am thinking that you may have picked that pod a bit early. Mine ripen from light green, to a very pale yellow, then they eventually lighten to a creamy white color. The one you tested still appears to be in the pale yellow stage. They should whiten up nicely if you give them some more time.

Just to show the color difference:

2j3zir1.jpg
Awesome, thanks for sharing that! I'll let the others stay on longer.

I grew this variety last yeahr after receiving the seeds from Justin. Looking at both of your examples the variety must be quite stable as my plant produced pods that looked the same.

I was extremely impressed by the production of this plant. I was surprised by how hot it was and loved the flavour. I found it to be savoury with a light citrus undertones and not too chinense like. Great fresh on sandwiches with meats and cheese or on pizza/pasta. Very flexible for use as a savoury heat.

Glad you showed this one Peter S

Jase4224 said:
I grew this variety last yeah after receiving the seeds from Justin. Looking at both of your samples the variety must be quite stable as my plant produced pods that looked the same.

I was extremely impressed by the production of this plant. I was surprised by how hot it was and loved the flavour. I found it to be savoury and great with food.

Glad you showed this one Peter S
Thanks, Jase. It is super productive. I love how they look, will do some experimenting with mine this year on making stuff.

I still havent got any crosses with it to stick. Kind of cool out today. I need to quit nursing this hangover and get out there and do some diddlin

Back