• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Alfalfa Hay

This morning I laid out he alfalfa hay on to my ga sn. I guess I just became no till? Anyways water it down and now what have any of you done this before? Any advise will do good however I'm in zone 9b so hot hot hot weather over here.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    227.4 KB · Views: 46
So it's been a little over 3 weeks since my babies got hit by a monsoon hail storm which almost ripped all off the ground. I actually only lost 4 out of my 35 not bad. Here is a pic of some blooms on I my reaper. Also I'm thinking they a water logged. The leaves look a bit fat and dense. Wha do you guys think?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 38
Did you slow down the watering once you laid down the hay?  Have you been checking the moisture of the soil?

solid7 said:
Did you slow down the watering once you laid down the hay?  Have you been checking the moisture of the soil?
Not really, I should my moister meter broke so I've eye balling and touching the soil as my test method the reason is I think is that these plants a way more mature than the ones around them and their root system more get be deeper. I am have problems with the younger ones which burning up literally from the heat I touch the sound and it's warm.

If you think that you need to add surface cooling for the young plants, then maybe consider just spraying the hay with a sprayer, or mist attchment on the hose.  No deep waterings when not needed.

I have to say, though... it's really tricky for me to visualize your situation, because your dilemma is exactly the opposite of mine.  I have to deal with wet and humid.  My plants are also always looking like they're melting at this time of year.

Back