• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

JayT's Superhot Chili (with some help from AJ)

I cannot wait until tomorrow. I will be making a big pot of superhot chili. I have been compiling the ingredients for a couple of weeks and now the time is here. My friend AJ has generously sent me a care package of his superhots (7-Pot Red and Yellow, Dorset Naga, Chocolate Hab, Scorpion, Red Savina, etc etc) as a way of giving me seeds and I plan to finish deseeding them today and use the remains (after I taste them all) in my huge pot of chili. I have a wonderful beer Troeg's Dead Reckoning Porter, and a nice mix of meats hot kielbasa, smoked sausage, ground venison, and moose tenderloin tips. I also plan to mix up a special chile powder fresh for this one. Throw in some onion, tomato, and a mix of beans (I know some people will scoff, but hey, it's my chili!) and I will have a serious party going on here tomorrow afternoon! :onfire:

JayT said:
I cannot wait until tomorrow. I will be making a big pot of superhot chili. I have been compiling the ingredients for a couple of weeks and now the time is here. My friend AJ has generously sent me a care package of his superhots (7-Pot Red and Yellow, Dorset Naga, Chocolate Hab, Scorpion, Red Savina, etc etc) as a way of giving me seeds and I plan to finish deseeding them today and use the remains (after I taste them all) in my huge pot of chili. I have a wonderful beer Troeg's Dead Reckoning Porter, and a nice mix of meats hot kielbasa, smoked sausage, ground venison, and moose tenderloin tips. I also plan to mix up a special chile powder fresh for this one. Throw in some onion, tomato, and a mix of beans (I know some people will scoff, but hey, it's my chili!) and I will have a serious party going on here tomorrow afternoon! :onfire:

I always put beans in my chili!!!! Sounds good.... (except for that meat... just give good ole Turkey :onfire: )

Maybe my invitation is coming today - lol

huvason said:
I always put beans in my chili!!!! Sounds good.... (except for that meat... just give good ole Turkey :hell: )

Maybe my invitation is coming today - lol

Damn yankees! If its got beans it ain't chili!

k, commence arguing. :cool:

Does sound good though Jay

I know that there are no beans in a "true" chili, but I like them in mine anyway. Maybe that makes me less of a chilihead :hell:, but my personal taste is more important to me to be honest.

Chiliac said:
I know that there are no beans in a "true" chili, but I like them in mine anyway. Maybe that makes me less of a chilihead :hell:, but my personal taste is more important to me to be honest.

lol I actually make a turkey chili with lentils just keep that top secret otherwise they might not let me call myself a Texan. Just trying to instigate drama I know chili is serious business

Jay with all those peppers you must be making a big ole batch o' chili, how many people will be eating all that? are they hardcore heat lovers? better get some yoghurt ready if they're not - and a camera.

my two cents - beans

OK the chili is on the stove simmering away and complete. AJ I didn't use the gloves, but the hands are fine. It's my running nose that is burning. Here'e the final list of ingredients. I don't measure so the amounts are guesses.

1lb hot kielbasa
1/2lb smoked sausage
1lb Moose sirloin tips
1lb ground venison
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 small can tomato sauce
1 small can tomato paste
1 medium onion
peppers all deseeded, halved and diced (I saved half of each for myself to eat later)
7-Pot Red
7-Pot Yellow
Trinidad Scorpion
Dorset Naga
Chocolate Hab
Orange Hab
Yellow Fatalii
Criolla (I think that's the name, but I forget)
1 can mixed Northern and Pinto beans
1 can black beans
1 bottle Troeg's Dead Reckoning Porter
2 tablespoons chile powder (1 McCormicks 1 my own)
1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
splash red wine vinegar
splash worchestershire sauce
CaJohn's Killer Chipotle sauce about a teaspoon
2 mini Hershey's Chocolate bars from the kid's Halloween candy
Mombasa powder
Cayenne powder
black pepper
white pepper
kosher salt
1 cup water

I think that's about it. I'm sure I forgot something, but that's the gist of it. I am sharing this with a few of my friends who like it hot. No one, but me will be eating it here. That is a 5 quart pot and it's nearly to the top. I tasted it and the heat is there in the first spoonfull, but it is a vague all over the mouth warm burn. Not in your face, but just glowing and lasting. I think it is a good mix of the powders and AJ's peppers. I love even with the beans.

good deal JayT...I have found that cooking with them mellows the harshness of the burn out somewhat...not saying it isn't hot, but it seems to last longer and gives that great burn while eating it...

your chili sounds delicious man...

keep us posted on how your friends like it and what their comments are..

patrick said:
Got a serious drool going on here.

Question if I may, does the moose or deer add any "gamey" taste?

Are you disappointed with the heat level?

No it doesn't taste gamey. I think everything all simmered together takes any of that away. No I am very pleased with the heat. It doesn't really burn my mouth, but I am seriously sweating halfway through the bowl and the heat lasts a while.

AlabamaJack said:
good deal JayT...I have found that cooking with them mellows the harshness of the burn out somewhat...not saying it isn't hot, but it seems to last longer and gives that great burn while eating it...

your chili sounds delicious man...

keep us posted on how your friends like it and what their comments are..

You are spot on AJ! I love it. So far Heather tried a bite and amazingly said it was good, (of course one bite doesn't do the heat justice.) and her brother came over and he had a bowl. He said it was hot, but liked it as well. I have had four bowls. The others will have to wait until tomorrow to get theirs.

Eating it again right now. It's about half gone. Not much hotter yet from yesterday, but I seriously think this is the best all around burn I have ever made with a chili.

Back