• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bonda mahala

First time growing bonda mahala. Loving the 2 phenos that I have growing.
fef27d2847128fd6b84b3967df41f192.jpg
9f1741ca692f056c1776648019c4f7bd.jpg
8ed74480acb9c0049cfd5afae47b7d0c.jpg
3523d7d31a25368b48dc923bd15046bf.jpg

Ya there's 7 pot looking pods and some that look more like BMJ shape. Thanks for sharing the photos. You did a lot of topping? I like the plant architecture at the base. Also, nice greenhouse setup. I'm currently trying to start seeds of this variety.

No topping at all. Just a really good may june July weather here in the UK (for once). Plants are wick fed.
Mr. West said:
Ya there's 7 pot looking pods and some that look more like BMJ shape. Thanks for sharing the photos. You did a lot of topping? I like the plant architecture at the base. Also, nice greenhouse setup. I'm currently trying to start seeds of this variety.

This is great! Just had 1 Bonda Mahala hook today and I've got 7 pot yellow and Bonda Ma Jacques going too. I'm guessing the dark/orange pheno is like BMJ and the light/yellow displays more of the 7 pot parentage? Please, keep us posted with the side-by-side.

1 thing I am noticing is pods are taking alot longer to fully ripen on the light green pheno than the dark green. Will get some photos tomoz but the darker green pheno only take 4 or 5 days from start of ripening to being fully ripe whereas there's pods on the light green pheno have taken over a week and still are not fully ripe.

I grew a Windchicken P Dreadie with seed I was gifted by Malarky that actually grew out as Bonda MaDreadie.

Wicked intense aroma that overtook the entire house in an instant along with some pretty serious but not superhot heat. I made some chokecherry jelly and a pork jerk with it...I think Gary got a sample of that jelly.

Mr. West said:
The earlier photos showed the color change pretty well. Some nice pods. You taste any of them yet?
I've tasted a couple of pods from the dark green pheno and oh my. Instant fruity taste. Followed by the heat which builds rather quickly all the way down the side if the tongue and inside cheek. I have to say one of the nicest tasting chillies I've tasted once you work past the heat

I see what you mean. That yellow pod is aaallmost ready. The light green plant is loaded with mature pods, but still a little behind on ripening i guess. Looking closer at that last picture, the dark green has loads of fruit too. Thanks for the intel and photo documentation. I heard they were tasty. Sounds like yours are a good burn. Hope my plants turn out as well.

Mr. West said:
I see what you mean. That yellow pod is aaallmost ready. The light green plant is loaded with mature pods, but still a little behind on ripening i guess. Looking closer at that last picture, the dark green has loads of fruit too. Thanks for the intel and photo documentation. I heard they were tasty. Sounds like yours are a good burn. Hope my plants turn out as well.
Yes the dark green plant is absolutely loaded. You can't see half the pods for foilage.

Back