• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Superhot Concentrate

I had to figure a way to preserve my superhot harvest over the past two weeks and I decided to simply add a little vinegar and salt to the blended peppers and pressure can them...

I ended up with 14 8 ounce jars of concentrate. The fresh taste of the pods remains and I can use this various ways including making hot sauce with them...

A pic of the jars...2 Dorset Naga, 2 Trinidad Scorpion, 3 Yellow Trinidad Scorpion, and 7 7 Pots...

This will get me thru the winter I am sure...thank you Billyboy for the recipe...

100 grams pepper
60ml vinegar
pinch of salt
1 Tbsp sugar

110108c001.jpg

Man looks great AJ! I bet even a dip on the end of a toothpick in the 7 Pot concentrate will be more than most can handle. My hot sauces made with that pepper even at a 5% concentration is way too hot. Your going to have to use that stuff sparingly. Ouch.

Chiliac said:
Looks great!! I need to test this recipe, too - got soo many peppers atm. Are you storing them in the fridge, AJ?

refrigeration not required since I pressure canned them...they are in my computer room on the shelf...

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Man looks great AJ! I bet even a dip on the end of a toothpick in the 7 Pot concentrate will be more than most can handle. My hot sauces made with that pepper even at a 5% concentration is way too hot. Your going to have to use that stuff sparingly. Ouch.

the stuff is pretty stout I will say...dipped a spoon in the 7 pot, shook it off, stirred a bloody mary with it and it is delicious...

I really like pressure canning and preserving...I think I am going to make jelly today...but what kind of peppers to use....already got strawberry, blackberry, and raspberry fruit in the freezer...time to get started...

AJ that is awesome. I can't wait till next year when I have enough of those same peppers to make some of that! It will be your offspring concentrate!

Fatalii Paste

I made six 8 ounce jars of Fatalii concentrate last night...

110508a001.jpg

Tonight I will be making Red Savina Paste....probably will get about 18 half pint jars of it...then tomorrow night, I will be making Chocolate Habanero paste....I have to do something with peppers every day to keep up and that is not counting the dehydrator running 24/7...

Just started making some concentrate myself. Looks good so far! I need more jars though!!!! The jars you were using for the Fatalii concentrate look perfect, I wish I could find some like these here...

Thanks a lot, I have no idea why I didn't look online for them! I found an online store over here that sells pretty similiar jars for a decent price. I'll order a bunch today.

Thanks again, AJ!

AlabamaJack said:
I made six 8 ounce jars of Fatalii concentrate last night...

110508a001.jpg

Tonight I will be making Red Savina Paste....probably will get about 18 half pint jars of it...then tomorrow night, I will be making Chocolate Habanero paste....I have to do something with peppers every day to keep up and that is not counting the dehydrator running 24/7...

Fatalii concentrate damn A.J you should start selling the stuff,Looks fantastic buddy and im with Chilliac wish we could those jars,Think its time to phone one of my American relations and ask a small favor :lol:

cool Chiliac...those look great...

just finished canning 11 eight ounce jars of Red Savina Paste...didn't get as many as I thought I would...

110508a0012.jpg

tomorrow night is Chocolate Habs....

Hmm.. looks yummy!!!

A question for you AJ: when I made concentrate yesterday I found that all the vineagr settled at the bottom of the jar after cooling off, so the concentrate is floating on the vinegar, so to say. Looking at your pics this didn't seem to happen to you, did it? Your concentrate looks far more homogenic. I am wondering if I made a mistake, but I stuck to your recipe, blended it all thoroughly and pressure canned it for 15 mins....

I can't wait to see what your choc hab concentrate will look like!!!

Back