• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Anyone interested in those type of pepper?

Been looking at these for growing and eating although now that I've started on superhots, they'll soon be purely ornamental.

So if I do get them, would anyone like some seeds?

Free.

IMG_20180805_170433_1.jpg

Fwiw, if you have the space, you'll probably end up needlessly missing having sweet, mild, and medium chiles in your grow. Horses for courses and, as much as I love'm, Superhots are one-trick ponies.

I know that I, for one, appreciate having more normal peppers on-hand for snacking, giving gifts, sharing a meal with the in-laws, etc.

Plus, this year was my first for growing upside-down types, and they look pretty cool. I still think a lot of these far-eastern annuums lack flavor. I'm growing Shabu Shabus in 2019; hoping the Chinese chinense are more flavorful than these Tien Tsins and suchlike....

Bicycle808 said:
Fwiw, if you have the space, you'll probably end up needlessly missing having sweet, mild, and medium chiles in your grow. Horses for courses and, as much as I love'm, Superhots are one-trick ponies.

I know that I, for one, appreciate having more normal peppers on-hand for snacking, giving gifts, sharing a meal with the in-laws, etc.

Plus, this year was my first for growing upside-down types, and they look pretty cool. I still think a lot of these far-eastern annuums lack flavor. I'm growing Shabu Shabus in 2019; hoping the Chinese chinense are more flavorful than these Tien Tsins and suchlike....
What do you mean by one trick ponys?

Please do an update on the Shabu Shabu!

Meaning, Superhots are delicious, but they only work for turning the heat waaaaay up on any given recipe. Yes, they most often taste good, but if you use enough to taste it, it's gonna blow most normal ppl's brain up.

I'm going to grow the Shabu² next year. I'll most likely follow up at some point. Stoked because a lot of ppl describe it as tasting like black pepper (as in, Piper nigrum) in a superhot chile context, and I've never experienced anything like that. Also stoked because they're supposed to be kinda Naga-ish in terms of growth patterns, and I like how Nagas grow...

Looks like there's quite a bit of interest so I'll get a pot with some ripe ones this coming weekend. That'll save a lot of time waiting for flowers and fruits.

Drop me an email at progen@hotmail.com with your details if you'd like some.

They'll be coming from Malaysia so keep your fingers crossed about customs / quarantine.

Bicycle808 said:
Meaning, Superhots are delicious, but they only work for turning the heat waaaaay up on any given recipe. Yes, they most often taste good, but if you use enough to taste it, it's gonna blow most normal ppl's brain up.

I'm going to grow the Shabu² next year. I'll most likely follow up at some point. Stoked because a lot of ppl describe it as tasting like black pepper (as in, Piper nigrum) in a superhot chile context, and I've never experienced anything like that. Also stoked because they're supposed to be kinda Naga-ish in terms of growth patterns, and I like how Nagas grow...
Well good point.

I have seeds so might grow a Shabu myself :)

Back