• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Fresnhost!!!

Maybe?

310grams of ripe Fresno
90grams of Bell of Gollu
35grams of Bell of Lebanon
13grams of Ghost
2 Tbs dehydrated onion flakes
1 Tsp granulated garlic
1 Tsp Cumin powder
1.5 Tsp coriander seeds
1 Tsp salt
1/2 Tsp chipotle powder
60/40 Water/ACV

x1YFG5w.jpg

Im really digging these Fresnos. Nice upper jalapeno heat and they ripen really fast vs jalapenos. I set some outside to dry in the sun today also. Im sure ive picked 30 or more ripe sofar and only 3 ripe jalas. The Fresno were also some of the last i planted.

It came to 1 quart after straining and 1/4 cup of fresh lime juice. Added another 1/2 tsp of salt also.

3480mg sodium total for a quart
So 54.375mg per tbs or roughly 18mg per tsp and i have no problem tasting the salt.

Burn is mild but it creeps really well and lingers. Probably could have used double the ghost or slightly more. Had to strain this one. Too many pieces of tough skin would not blend down. I hate heating it after lime juice but i think im going to take 1 bottle worth and add a chopped up ghost to it. Cook that down and sample for future reference.

Did you use purchased dehydrated onion and the other stuff like garlic or create your own? Looking to replicate! :)
ShowMeDaSauce said:
Maybe?

310grams of ripe Fresno
90grams of Bell of Gollu
35grams of Bell of Lebanon
13grams of Ghost
2 Tbs dehydrated onion flakes
1 Tsp granulated garlic
1 Tsp Cumin powder
1.5 Tsp coriander seeds
1 Tsp salt
1/2 Tsp chipotle powder
60/40 Water/ACV

x1YFG5w.jpg
Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

ShowMeDaSauce said:
Im really digging these Fresnos. Nice upper jalapeno heat and they ripen really fast vs jalapenos. I set some outside to dry in the sun today also. Im sure ive picked 30 or more ripe sofar and only 3 ripe jalas. The Fresno were also some of the last i planted.

I like Fresnos get them at the market quite a bit. Probably because of such easy availability I never thought of growing them. Mind sharing how many plants you have to get the production you're getting and how big the plants are?  Maybe I should think about upgrading from store-bought to garden-fresh next season.

ShowMeDaSauce said:

Nice.  I live just a mile outside Kirkland.  Costco country out here.

Back