7 replies to this topic

#1 phillyb86

phillyb86

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 10:50 AM

Sorry if this is not the right place. I have been growing what I thought was hainan yellow lantern. Seeds saved from pod (bottom right)3a25e4d86c28faae864bae5387e99301.jpg

These are what I've got
98639f0af39caa8aa630805af701c5f7.jpg936e8ae7e5d001bdb71eb6f139f8332b.jpg

Pods are rather hot. I'd put them above bonnets but not extremely so.

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#2 phillyb86

phillyb86

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 10:54 AM

Maybe I got my labels mixed at some point and they are embassy naga but I didn't think they resembled nagas? Hopefully you guys can enlighten me

#3 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,146 posts
  • aka:D3
  • (x6)

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:19 AM

looks like an accidental cross

Find me on Instagram

Can I help it if I'm one of those fanatical TD fans?I got my #3 Demonic jersey on, my face is painted, and I cant stop yelling WOOOOOO!!

#4 ShowMeDaSauce

ShowMeDaSauce

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:08 PM

Is it as hot as a ghost or hotter?

Red devils tongue looks slightly similar. Ive got a similar looking mystery pepper also i thought might be a Naga but the heat is way less than my ghost.

#5 phillyb86

phillyb86

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:54 PM

Is it as hot as a ghost or hotter?

Red devils tongue looks slightly similar. Ive got a similar looking mystery pepper also i thought might be a Naga but the heat is way less than my ghost.

I've never eaten a raw ghost. I've eaten bonnets and this is definitely hotter than a bonnet. Burn was all tongue and only lasted about 5 mins. Manageable so I'm inclined to say it probably isn't naga

#6 phillyb86

phillyb86

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:57 PM

Just for comparison this was supposed to be embassy naga. (I'm pretty cautious with labels but if I have managed to mix labels then this would be the hainan yellow) c6cfcae6e48b94e255b6a96deeb945ab.jpgf99950b73d7ae51f7da613886219a3d1.jpg
To me these look more naga ish but the first small pod ripening yellow. And this was seed saved from the red pod in the opening post

#7 Superhot Sim

Superhot Sim

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • aka:Superhot Sim

Posted 13 August 2018 - 02:08 PM

Hi Phil

i think  you have mixed up labels my friend , the yellow pod in the bottom picture looks true HYL ,the hyl as labelled look like Naga Morich , which unfortunately is what the Embassy turned out to be ( long story buddy ) feel free to PM and i will share my mobile number and give you the whole story . :dance: :crazy: :shocked:

regards

Sim.

#8 phillyb86

phillyb86

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 02:31 PM

Hi Phil
i think  you have mixed up labels my friend , the yellow pod in the bottom picture looks true HYL ,the hyl as labelled look like Naga Morich , which unfortunately is what the Embassy turned out to be ( long story buddy ) feel free to PM and i will share my mobile number and give you the whole story . :dance: :crazy: :shocked:
regards
Sim.

Thanks for the clear up sim. I didn't think the rest of the pods on the plant looked like HYL after googling for images. Funnily enough I've ate 1 of the red pods I thought wouldn't be that hot. Turns out it was pretty hot. I don't know how I've mixed labels as I'm normally pretty cautious. Hope your season is coming together.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests