• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pepperlover NAR: what is this?

I have started a couple seeds of this, they have a long way to go and im excited to taste it to find out a little more, I emailed Judy a while ago about it but she never got back to me about it. 
Still stoked on the Gnar tho, my guess is its a scorpion off pheno

According to Google, nar means pomegranate in Turkish. It also means fire in Arabic. So, I think we can safely discard "Nasty Ass Red" as a candidate name for this one. Sorry, Austin.  :lol:

Since it apparently has a Turkish (or maybe Arabic?) name, I would guess that it is another Pepperlover exclusive variety. So we might have to wait until Judy updates the description to learn more about this fiery pomegranate pepper.

willard3 said:
There is a section on this forum labeled "Pepper ID" specifically for your question.
That section is for folks who have a pepper but that do not know it's identity.

This post is about a variety that has been identified ("Nar") but the OP would like more information about the variety. It's a hot pepper that he'd like to talk about.

This section is called "hot pepper talk."

JohnnysGotTheHeat said:
I have started a couple seeds of this, they have a long way to go and im excited to taste it to find out a little more, I emailed Judy a while ago about it but she never got back to me about it. 
Still stoked on the Gnar tho, my guess is its a scorpion off pheno

Johnny, how have your NARs turned out?

I ordered some Nar seeds from pepperlover.com and got them today. The seeds are labeled as C. Baccatum and not C. Chinense as I had imagined. Is this correct, or are they mislabeled? I don't see any way to contact PepperLover.com about it so if anyone can help I'd appreciate it

Alan

Judy @ pepperlover.com has been very difficult to contact over the last few years, communication very limited, read through pepperlover.com - Page55

While there are issues here and there, the sites glowing compliments continue to flow, so until the sites reviews turn to $hit I'll lean toward cutting them a lot slack.

As always, YMMV!

The picture for the Nar pepper shown on the pepperlover web page has a clear constricted calyx.

It's most likely mislabeled as a baccatum, but the only way to know for sure is to grow it out.

Back