• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Fastest peppers , seed to ripe?

What is the fastest pepper you have ever grown , from seed to ripe full color pepper?

My guess will be a Annuum , here is why I am asking. My Pimiento de Padron , seeds planted on 20 June 10 ,
72 days ago . 

IMG_20180821_083912.jpg

IMG_20180821_083842.jpg

karoo said:
What is the fastest pepper you have ever grown , from seed to ripe full color pepper?

My guess will be a Annuum , here is why I am asking. My Pimiento de Padron , seeds planted on 20 June 10 ,
72 days ago . 

attachicon.gif
IMG_20180821_083912.jpg

attachicon.gif
IMG_20180821_083842.jpg

Hi Jacques, I have to agree with Annuum. Even as a Chilli growing newbie, my OW Annuum plants (Pusa Jwala and Pimientos de Padron) are flowering like crazy - way ahead of the Chinense OWs.  

Orange Habanero.

Seeds soaked before planting on the 13th June.

Discovered a pod hidden on a 3 inch tall plant, even after nearly killing it with heat, on the 8th August.

20180806_174807.jpg

Fully coloured up and harvested last Friday.

20180821_202541.jpg

Sure, it is not very big but a ripe pod is a ripe pod.

Edited to add: 65 days

small peppers probably quicker to ripen.
those bonnie tabasco plants ripen pretty fast for normal people i think.

it is very hard to measure this because lighting, temperature, root mass, nutrients, etc all play role.

i guess that's why you make this survey =p

The fastest variety that I have grown from seed to ripe pod is probably the little Aurora ornamental.

Super Chili also set and ripened pods quickly for me.

For me Thai types seem to ripen first. I don't really measure the start dates, but that's what's coming into the kitchen first every year. My jalapeños ripen slower than my chinenses or lemondrops though.

Back