Hi, Cleveland guy here. Started growing hot peppers and making hot sauce this year. Here to learn so

Hello! I'm growing hot peppers for the first time in my life, this year, and I'm really excited about the possibilities! Made my own hot sauce on Saturday, and I can't wait to make more, and grow more plants next year.

ProjectileTeeth said:
Hello! I'm growing hot peppers for the first time in my life, this year, and I'm really excited about the possibilities! Made my own hot sauce on Saturday, and I can't wait to make more, and grow more plants next year.
Im sorry..

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Im a native Pittsburgher.. Im just kidding around. I love messing with people from Cleveland, or Ohio in general, lol. Anyways, how did your sauce turn out? Its such a fun hobby. From planting the seed to harvesting it. I live in Florida now which is cool since i can grow outside year round.. Couldnt do that in Pittsburgh! Best of luck on getting a good yield of peppers for some sauces! Maybe we can swap some jars someday.. Mine will be covered in Steeler stickers [emoji3] Take care!

ooothats said:
Im a native Pittsburgher.. Im just kidding around. I love messing with people from Cleveland, or Ohio in general, lol. Anyways, how did your sauce turn out? Its such a fun hobby. From planting the seed to harvesting it. I live in Florida now which is cool since i can grow outside year round.. Couldnt do that in Pittsburgh! Best of luck on getting a good yield of peppers for some sauces! Maybe we can swap some jars someday.. Mine will be covered in Steeler stickers [emoji3] Take care!

Pittsburgh's a nice place. Until I tell someone I'm from Cleveland. I don't get the rivalry--the cities are so similar to one another!

Anyway, my sauce tastes great, but I think it's too thick. From reading some posts on these forums, I think I'm going to need a food mill if I want to keep bottling and experimenting with more flavors. Also, it did a number on my insides after using a lot of it :/ ..not sure how to control that, but I did boil the bottles for quite some time before I put the sauce in, so, idk. There's going to be a learning curve, so that's why I'm here.

ProjectileTeeth said:
Anyway, my sauce tastes great, but I think it's too thick. From reading some posts on these forums, I think I'm going to need a food mill if I want to keep bottling and experimenting with more flavors. Also, it did a number on my insides after using a lot of it :/ ..not sure how to control that, but I did boil the bottles for quite some time before I put the sauce in, so, idk. There's going to be a learning curve, so that's why I'm here.

Feel free to post a thread (in the appropriate area) regarding any concerns you might have with your sauces and we will be all too happy to help. 

Oh, G'day from Australia and  :welcome:

ProjectileTeeth said:
Pittsburgh's a nice place. Until I tell someone I'm from Cleveland. I don't get the rivalry--the cities are so similar to one another!

Pepper mill or just a strainer after a good food processor run. Also maybe ferment then add spice and flavor. I do my best work at night after a few drinks lol. Just whip it up and enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Welcome.

Also in the Cleveland area, but not from here. Originally from Texas. Best wishes with your grow - it's a trip!

Back