• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Thegreenchilemonster Cooks For Three

Since I recently found out that my wife is pregnant, I'll be cooking for 3

I figured I would share dishes throughout the pregnancy that are focused on providing an expecting mother the nutrients she needs to develop a healthy baby.

All of the meat I cook with will be organic, grass fed, and hormone free. All of the vegetables will be organic, and mostly home grown, until the season ends.

There will of course be chiles used in every meal, as always.

To start things off, last night I made this grass fed organic grilled butterflied leg of lamb, curried chickpeas, and steamed broccoli. Lots of quality folic acid and iron in there.

I marinated the lamb in olive oil, fresh garden rosemary, and a diced aji limo, before grilling it up.

Attachments

• 20180822_183137.jpg
    20180822_183137.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 115
  • 20180822_195827.jpg
    20180822_195827.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 103
  • 20180822_203536.jpg
    20180822_203536.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 104
Congrats!
Go easy on the chilies. I gave my neighbor some spicy jelly and it put her into labor.
I wish you and your family the very best! Though it will make crashing at your place someday more complicated

Edit: I'd get a hotel to eat with you though

Malarky said:
Congrats!
Go easy on the chilies. I gave my neighbor some spicy jelly and it put her into labor.
I wish you and your family the very best! Though it will make crashing at your place someday more complicated

Edit: I'd get a hotel to eat with you though
Both my wife and I come from many generations of mothers eating spicy food while pregnant, so we're not worried at all about spicy food.

Thegreenchilemonster said:
No, no dad jokes yet

Whats brown and sticky?..... A stick   :point:  :doh:  :oops:

Congats mate!... all the best for the future....

Great looking grub as always. I dont like messing around too much with my lamb chops, but having the curried chickpeas on the side is an idea i will be pinching. Cant believe i never thought of it before! 

Tinnie said:

Whats brown and sticky?..... A stick   :point:  :doh:  :oops:

Congats mate!... all the best for the future....

Great looking grub as always. I dont like messing around too much with my lamb chops, but having the curried chickpeas on the side is an idea i will be pinching. Cant believe i never thought of it before! 
Thanks man! Curried chickpeas go with lamb like peas amd carrots. I wouldn't mess with your lamb chops either. You Aussies know your lamb, for sure!

Boiled New Shell lobsters, broccolini, blistered garden shishitos, and baked potatoes.

Served with drawn butter, of course, to dip the lobster. All of the shells and heads are currently boiling away to make the base broth for a bisque I'll whip up tomorrow. These live new shell lobsters are mighty tasty this time of year!

Attachments

• 20180824_213211.jpg
    20180824_213211.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 20180824_213145.jpg
    20180824_213145.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 66
Back