• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Dulce Sol heat?!

Hi guys,

I'm growing the Dulce Sol from pepperlovers.com. It's a beautiful pepper, and I love the way it looks. On the website they describe the pepper as having no or no noticeable heat, but the pods I've picked are not heatless at all. I almost ruined my GF's meal by telling her to add it because it had no heat. Good thing I decided to eat a piece before adding it! 

Is it maybe an unstable strain? How are your experiences with it?

Another delicious created by us at pepperlover.com. This bright yellow beauty can be classified as sweet with low/no noticeable heat. A great, clean, crunchy, and sweet capsicum baccatum flavor with a remarkable citrus like flavor. Very productive variety, grown like a small low bush which makes it great for pots or hanging baskets.   

I grew it in 2015. I remember it having a citrusy taste and the burn seemed to be somewhere around Jalapeno or Serrano level. Mine were definitely not heatless; they had a bit of a kick for sure. I thought it was a pretty good pepper, actually.

BlackFatalii said:
I grew it in 2015. I remember it having a citrusy taste and the burn seemed to be somewhere around Jalapeno or Serrano level. Mine were definitely not heatless; they had a bit of a kick for sure. I thought it was a pretty good pepper, actually.

Yeah, that's exactly how I would describe them! I'm actually pretty glad they turned out to be a little spicy, makes me like them even more. Good pepper!

Does anyone know the parentage?

Back