• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

HB-101 Plant Vitalizer: Does it work?

Hello good humans of THP,

I've received a strange package in the mail, for which I may have entered some spurious credentials on an unassuming website purporting to ship me samples, of a miraculous plant cure-all type substance simply called 'HB-101 Plant Vitalizer." More specifically, this natural OMRI tested botanical extract claims to supply nutrients to the microbiology on and around a plant.

Do any of you use this?
What specific nutrients is this providing?
Does it work??

Thanks for any input on this. I am finding some interesting information on the web about it, but wanted to poll you all as well since I couldn't find a relevant post here.

Best,
idrop

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
`
Never used it... But I wouldn't at that price!> 10 bucks an oz.!

Gotcha, thanks for the response.
$10/oz is definitely steep!

I probably wouldn't buy this even if it were significantly cheaper, but the sample is a fairly substantial amount if used in the suggested ratio (5 or less drops per gallon) and I don't have a test bed to experiment with. Maybe I'll pot a couple of the mystery Cucurbita coming out my compost bin and do some janky A/B'ing.

I've used it, got the samples in the mail. It didn't hurt my plants but I didn't notice anything extra either. I've always used Neptune's harvest products. Fantastic results everytime.

Back