• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Chilicum---Hot Wine Jelly

I didn't know where to put this, but this is sort of a product discussion. Lol. So I threw some frozen jalapeño poppers in the oven along with some mozzarella sticks. I recently received a Hot Wine Jelly with "chili" in it (My first spicy jelly) called "Chilicum". When it arrived, it was warm and liquidy. I tried some and loved it! I put it in the fridge until today when I made the poppers & sticks. To my surprise, it was a jelly today, not liquid. So I had to change from my dipping strategy to spreading. (I know it said jelly, I just had a brain fart )

Either way this "Chilicum" rocks! It's a Rosé Wine spicy jelly from Hungary. I love it. It reminded me of a spicy "duck sauce" from a Chinese restaurant...when it was a liquid.

hauIOUj.jpg

PaJ23s1.jpg

It went excellently with poppers! But I'm thinking biscuits or English muffins.

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

EDIT:

It might not be Hungarian. I'm not really sure yet.

FIUKPQP.jpg

Walchit said:
The "cum" part kinda scares me! lol

Mix a spoonful with a half thing of cream cheese, stir it up and it it on Ritz.

I hadn't had pepper jelly until last year. I was seriously missing out.

The batch I made is a little too hot for toast imo.

That's brilliant, Andy! Thank you very much! That'll happen today!

b3rnd said:
That language on the label is definitely Hungarian! Where did you get it? It sounds delicious!
It was included as one of the gifts one receives when THP has their "Free Sauce for Extreme Membership Purchase/Renewal" promotions. THP member Orekoc gifted a Membership and all of the sauces to me! (Thank you, my friend!)

Thank you for confirming the origin of this awesome jelly, B3rnd!

Back