• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Mites or Calcium Deficiency?

As of lately, I've been experiencing some deformation in new growth on a couple of my plants that are grown in containers. Namely, bunching and curling of new leaves. At first, I suspected a calcium deficiency but I am unsure due to the similarities of it looking like a broad mite issue.

I've been feeding them Alaska Fish Fert about 1 x week and watering every 2 to 3 days depending on the current soil conditions. I'm hoping someone with more expertise can fill me in on whether or not I'm encountering a mite or calcium deficiency issue. Images attached which depict the plants in question.

Scorpion:
1 - BopAVty.jpg

Ghost:
2 - A53510p.jpg

Orange Hab:
3 - fiUkmU5.jpg

Thanks in advance

Definitely mites, most likely broad mites. They are too small to see with the naked eye. Get some Azamax (derived from neem) or neem. Stop feeding until new growth is normal since the mites feed on new growth.

Thanks Austin, I appreciate your input. I preemptively ordered some neem oil which should be delivered today. Will treat the plants this evening.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Back