Howdy

Hey All,
I am into growing gardens and I really love hot peppers! A friend tipped me off about this site so I came over to check it out.
Here are some jars I canned recently
20hndp1.jpg

These jars should be nuclear!
a2vujb.jpg

Anyone dare me to eat this Habenero? :)
35iw49i.jpg

I like you already...welcome from Fort Worth and yes, I dare you...

2 questions...one is are your peppers still fairly crisp...and two, would you share the recipe....

AlabamaJack said:
I like you already...welcome from Fort Worth and yes, I dare you...
LOL! Nah I aint that tuff:oops:. I like peppers in soups, chilli etc mostly. I do like grilling jalepenos with cream cheese and bacon though. Its a big hit at my cookouts

2 questions...one is are your peppers still fairly crisp...and two, would you share the recipe....
1. Well so/so. I so far have only opened one jar and going by the Habs they arent mushy but not really crunchy either. To me they are just perfect for putting into a pot of beans

2. No problem.:)
I just started doing it this year but this is super duper easy! I simply bring to boil 1 pt vinegar to 3 pts water and 1 or 2 tablespoons of canning salt. I place the peppers in a jar and pour the boiling juice over them, put the flat and ring on and set it upside down on the counter until it cools.

The first jar I did like that turned out great so hopefully the others did too.

welcome Brian from PA. Damn that is a BIG orange hab! Those jars look yummy. I thought you were seriously about to eat that thing. You should! It's fun.

JayT said:
welcome Brian from PA. Damn that is a BIG orange hab! Those jars look yummy. I thought you were seriously about to eat that thing. You should! It's fun.

LOL! I'm eating a bowl of chicken flavored Ramen Noodles now with a little of the juice out of that jar. I am sweating like rain right now LMAO:hell:
All the Habs I grew this year were pretty big but then again so were my tomatoes, corn etc. Last year I dumped half a truck load of turkey manure on the garden and man did it make everything grow spectacular! I also had some large Jalepenos and they were unusually hot for Jaleps. Not just me but everyone that tried them thought the same thing

Here are a few pics of the garden I grew this Summer
This is Peruvian corn known as maz morado. Its a black corn used in making a drink and a pudding like stuff. I hope it makes corn. The stalks are much taller than me

This is one of the pumpkins before it turned ripe

Cucumbers!

These are potatoes.

Have welcomed you in another thread but can't pass up an easy post....:D

So welcome (again) from Newcastle Australia...

Welcome Again BrianS nice to see some great pictures of your garden and hello from a fellow Gardener in the U.K :D

3.gif

Hey thanks you all. I am really surprised to see people from all over the world here. I always wondered if Peppers were popular in places other than the Americas and Asia.

Talas, What do you grow in your garden?

Back