• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Overwintering and watering

Hey!

Im chopping back my plant now. and I have two questions.

number one is how often and much should I be watering my reaper now that its so cut back?

and two Is if it really is necessary to change pot and soil now or if I can do that in spring when I'm planning to put it in a bigger pot and it will take less space indoors with the one it is in now?

Cheers for all the answers!

I dont change the soil, depending were their being stored will depend on how fast they dry so saying how much watering totally depends on your location. I stick my finger in the soil to test moisture.

Also pick up the pot when fully watered so you can compare how heavy it is to a drier and lighter pot.

Are you going for dormancy or just cutting it back and planning to let it grow slowly indoors over the winter. This will make a big difference in how much water it needs as a growing plant will need more than a dormant one.

Last point is that changing soil is not necessary but be careful with bugs. There are no natural predators indoors so bugs living in the soil or aphids on the plant will multiply very quickly indoors.

austin87 said:
Also pick up the pot when fully watered so you can compare how heavy it is to a drier and lighter pot.

Are you going for dormancy or just cutting it back and planning to let it grow slowly indoors over the winter. This will make a big difference in how much water it needs as a growing plant will need more than a dormant one.

Last point is that changing soil is not necessary but be careful with bugs. There are no natural predators indoors so bugs living in the soil or aphids on the plant will multiply very quickly indoors.

just gonna keep it dormant until spring.

thanks for the tips! :)

Back