• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Hot steak sauce

While being chief sauce maker in the household this recipe came straight from management. It's great and absolutely perfect with a nice steak!
(And disproving the idea that management never have any good ideas...  :rolleyes: )

The general idea is to mix hot sauce to mustard and add some cracked pepper. The ratios are per taste, taking into consideration how hot the sauce, the mustard and pepper are.

For the bottle below (250 mL), the recipe was:
  • 180 g Dijon mustard
  • 100 g Louisiana style hot sauce
  • 5 g Cracked pepper

The hot sauce is a fermented variety I make up with red habaneros. It's heat can vary, so in the past I've used a ratio of mustard to sauce of 1:1. The current batch of sauce is a bit hotter so I used a ratio of 2:1 here.

hot-steak-sauce-01.jpg

Wasn't really that reason was because he likes to use that Huy Fong stuff by the gallon and tinker with it.

@THP - I now understand what you're referring to. Still doesn't sound bad, I have a bottle of it kicking around...

But even better (I hope) I have a Sriracha style ferment on the go at the moment, waiting for it to finish. Therefore if the stars align and all that I'll be able to try it with that.  :pray:

Back