• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Texas Napalm

Thought I'd share a bit of stuff I make and use on a regular basis.

I call It Texas Napalm (Had to name it something) lol I got my inspiration from a spice store that called powdered Jalapeno "texas Gunpowder"  I didn't use anything that mild.  :onfire:

I grilled the ingredients over oak and pecan to get a nice smoke on them.
Into the blender, added cilantro salt and fresh garlic.
Then onto cookie sheets (sheets were wrapped in saran wrap due to the salt interaction with aluminum ) over parchment paper, into the dehydrator I built a few years back.  Three days ish later back to the blender and powderized.  

ps... wear a dust mask when making the powder...don't ask HOW I know this lol.   :crazy:

Attachments

• IMG_1322.JPG
    IMG_1322.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1323.JPG
    IMG_1323.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1324.JPG
    IMG_1324.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1326.JPG
    IMG_1326.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1327.JPG
    IMG_1327.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 82
Very similar to a smoked scotch bonnet sauce I used to make. After passing it through a food mill, I would take the leftover solids, dry them and make powder.

I am pretty sure I know just how good that powder tastes. :)

Ashen said:
Very similar to a smoked scotch bonnet sauce I used to make. After passing it through a food mill, I would take the leftover solids, dry them and make powder.

I am pretty sure I know just how good that powder tastes. :)
"the solids"?  Im curious, did you strain it through cloth or something and use the liquid?  Never thought of that...NOW I am. HMMMM 

In the following video is how a food mill works. I would just dry any solids that didn't make it through the fine mesh plate.

I would thin the puree that went through with a small amount of apple cider vinegar and use it as sauce.

https://youtu.be/9cOY-AFaS7I

Back