• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter time...

Major prune, wash and hose the plant and the roots clean applied light soil...
Is that enough to kill the bugs or is neem oil still needed... plant is in what am i risking... Thanks all!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ok vague post sorry. 1st pic about 2 months ago. 2nd today. Am i growing little critters... lol (bugs)
67b6eb646b8b23f16dfddf38b226338b.jpg
a75ff6f36a3e9a4aa5bf8de4ee5ab657.jpg

No one responded that's ok. Follow up. The plants are doing fine some lost a few leaves but generally they are excelling just fine. No lights just southern facing window in an empty room. Watering once a week. Cheers Peppelovers!

Ive tried being sterile to make sure the bugs dont get in but to no avail, dont know how but they always show up unfortunately. Even the kraty methode still get the Aphids even though I kept them isolated.

Hey Bookers!  How's it going? There's a good chance you'll be just fine on the bug front, especially if you didn't have issues during the season. A big risk is any other plants you have inside that bugs, especially aphids, could spread too. If you had pest problems outdoors or if you have other indoor plants at risk, I'd still consider Neam.

Also, because you cut the plant back, it's going too start growing at many new growth nodes at once, which is great, but all this new growth is very susceptible to aphids. They can quickly devastate a plant as it gets started growing again by sucking all the life out of the tiny leaves that make up the new growth. The plant will have invested much of its remaining energy after cut-back into that growth and if it all gets shriveled by aphids that could mean lights out.  It's worth keeping an eye open for the appearance of honeydew and shed exoskeletons and to check under the leaves as well, where aphids like to congregate.

Not sure if this was the feedback you were looking for, but glad to see you continuing to grow despite the winter coming on and hope it pays off with a strong second year plant in 2019.

That's great. I think we're good. Been atleast 3 weeks or more and life seems to be great. ... ...i'll take a pic later i haven't seen them in over a wk lol... Thank you

I also failed to mention the bath this isn't received lol. I removed from pot, trimmed branches and trimmed roots. I then hosed this thing clean put in smaller pot with some dirt... immediately sprouted new leaves. Feedback is always great thank you. My first winter plant.

Under a flashlight. The reaper looks strong.
2 others are chocolate moruga grown from seeds mothers day 2018.. They have drying leaves and a few fruit left. Fruit picked and watered. Let's see If they survive. Been over a week since watered.
e2fdeabfee491297c5af724201c44b72.jpg
8d52c9c7d2e5d1e511b7dc2c29d5c9a8.jpg
48fb16ac81beed0f34bebcd597a7a3aa.jpg

My aphids usually didn't show up until about Christmas. Here's hoping your sanitization method means you don't have to deal with them.

A good time to really keep an eye open for aphids is shortly after switching from natural light through the window to supplemental light when the days get short, as the heat of the lights seems to get them active again.  At least that's what I assume it is.

Doelman said:
how were the pests during the overwinter?  Did you get any?
No i didn't get any except for white flies in April or so. Those i think were stowaways from a couple plants i brought home.

Back