• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Red Habanero questions

My Aunt stopped by to bring me a few peppers she's growing to save seeds. She loves Habaneros and grows them every year, her favorite is the red. She found a red Hab at a local nursery in the Spring but I'm not sure it's a Hab. She bought plants from a few different places and ended up with  longer peppers that are a mystery but supposed to be a Hab too. What about the others, they kinda look like a Hab. 

What's the story with Habs? It seems there's so many different shapes, they can't be all true. All they all inbred/crossed or what?

No flash pic
100_2976.JPG

100_2977.JPG

Nice. When i was at a pepper farm last month there was a red hab available called a salsa pepper. Habanero flavor no heat. Red savinas are great

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Those show quite similar to my small dwarf specimens on red Caribbean Habanero I grew this year, especially the ones I grew in a (super small-like 3.5"pot) undersized container
Rajun Gardener said:
My Aunt stopped by to bring me a few peppers she's growing to save seeds. She loves Habaneros and grows them every year, her favorite is the red. She found a red Hab at a local nursery in the Spring but I'm not sure it's a Hab. She bought plants from a few different places and ended up with  longer peppers that are a mystery but supposed to be a Hab too. What about the others, they kinda look like a Hab. 

What's the story with Habs? It seems there's so many different shapes, they can't be all true. All they all inbred/crossed or what?

No flash pic
attachicon.gif
100_2976.JPG

attachicon.gif
100_2977.JPG

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Back