#1 Rajun Gardener

Rajun Gardener

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,052 posts
  • aka:Rob
  • (x1)

Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:43 PM

My Aunt stopped by to bring me a few peppers she's growing to save seeds. She loves Habaneros and grows them every year, her favorite is the red. She found a red Hab at a local nursery in the Spring but I'm not sure it's a Hab. She bought plants from a few different places and ended up with  longer peppers that are a mystery but supposed to be a Hab too. What about the others, they kinda look like a Hab. 

What's the story with Habs? It seems there's so many different shapes, they can't be all true. All they all inbred/crossed or what?

No flash pic

100_2976.JPG

100_2977.JPG

Edited by Rajun Gardener, 11 October 2018 - 04:58 PM.

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#2 Bookers

Bookers

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:17 PM

Nice. When i was at a pepper farm last month there was a red hab available called a salsa pepper. Habanero flavor no heat. Red savinas are great

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

#3 DontPanic

DontPanic

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:20 PM

I've always considered the name "Habanero" to generally refer to a large family of varieties.

Is there a specific variety that is considered the authoritative "Habanero" variety?

#4 YAMracer754

YAMracer754

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts
  • aka:T-rist

Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:42 PM

Those show quite similar to my small dwarf specimens on red Caribbean Habanero I grew this year, especially the ones I grew in a (super small-like 3.5"pot) undersized container

My Aunt stopped by to bring me a few peppers she's growing to save seeds. She loves Habaneros and grows them every year, her favorite is the red. She found a red Hab at a local nursery in the Spring but I'm not sure it's a Hab. She bought plants from a few different places and ended up with  longer peppers that are a mystery but supposed to be a Hab too. What about the others, they kinda look like a Hab. 

What's the story with Habs? It seems there's so many different shapes, they can't be all true. All they all inbred/crossed or what?

No flash pic
attachicon.gif 100_2976.JPG

attachicon.gif 100_2977.JPG

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

#5 Chorizo857_62J

Chorizo857_62J

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
  • aka:Fatknuckle

Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:52 PM

look like the varieties I am growing, both labelled habanero.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests