• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Jalapenos Under a 400w Metal Halide Indoor Growlog

Hello everyone I'm new to the forum. Just got permission for posting in the rest of the forums. Yay! I have just started 4 jalapeno hybrid seedlings growing under a 400w Metal Halide. There isn't much to see yet today is probably day one as some of the seedlings are still sprouting. Just starting to get their seed leaves poped up out of the soil. As for soil I'm using 10" pots with a mix of peat moss, sea food compost, perlite, and vermiculite. I like to make my own soil this way. Pictures will come next week as my camera is crap and wont get close enough to get the little sprouts yet.

Any questions just ask or if you just want to say hi do so please any and all feedback is welcome.

Here we are at day 7 since sprouting. The plants have now started growing their first set of true leaves and all look healthy.

Here are a few pics an overview of the grow tent and a couple of the best looking seedlings.

foi2z7.jpg

ampfdc.jpg

2njd43m.jpg

Last week I ordered some more seeds cuz why not have more plants. They are called Angkor Sunrise 2 of these will be planted as soon as I get them.

Also as a side note the light is running 24/7.

Hi guys, yes there are 2 cats (Missy and Mister) they love to sit under the grow light. It's nice and warm on their fur.

Time for a bit of an update. I was over watering. Whenever the top of the soil dried out I would water some to help the plants grow. Today the soil was dry again so I stuck my finger in the soil and only about 2 inches down the soil was moist. So from now on I'll try not to over water.

The angkor sunrise have not sprouted yet. I may have let them get too dry one time so idk if they will sprout or not we shall see.

Now for what everyone wants more pics

gzHrfMb.jpg

SL07iz1.jpg

oF6mQ00.jpg

chelicerae said:
Looking good so far! 

Well..those cats right next to the plants make me a bit nervous but perhaps yours don't go straight for the plants' throats?

:welcome: Nope the cats don't bother my plants :party:
D3monic said:
That's a lot of electrical consumption for jalapenos. Off to a good start though. 
:welcome: It probably is overkill right now but when these babies get 3' tall it'll be just right.

So it's been about a week since my last update. The Jalapenos are growing well. A few days ago I cut the tops off of all 4 so they would branch out more. You'll see below

First we have the Angkor Sunrise baby plant that sprouted
EBJ5soc.jpg

Jalapeno's
pV9WXEW.jpg

uCY58cn.jpg

qlnGEWP.jpg

And lastly I dug up a rose plant from my outdoor garden that had been neglected. The garden is being dug up next summer so hopefully it lives.
G5uZ4vO.jpg

Hi everyone! I'm back with another update for you.

Angkor Sunrise is starting to push a second set of leaves finally. Starting to worry these might not catch up to the Jalapeno's in time.
ySzbCvu.jpg

My favorite Jalapeno
RzaLP7h.jpg

Group shot
lO0wUit.jpg

Everything seems healthy but i'll be adding biothrive grow to the next watering for the Jalapeno's

One plant is looking a bit yellow so next watering I will feed with biothrive grow, calmag+, and kelp. Today the plants received a trim to the lower leaves to make watering easier. The rose plant I dug up from mom's garden is coming back vary well. And one of the Ankor Sunrise died. Not sure what happened to it... The leaves just shriveled up and died. The other one is looking ok but not great.

Angkor Sunrise
0pBF0aN.jpg

Jalapeno's
GzLYBW3.jpg

q62qGRD.jpg

Tj66X11.jpg

Unknown purple rose
IXoxjGD.jpg

Overview of the tent
xfL18u0.jpg

As you can hopefully see the Jalapeno's are starting to produce flowers. Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving.

The Jals are really bushing out, John.
You will get a boatload of pods off those bushes!

I let the peppers dry out a bit too much this week so they started going yellow. However now that they have gotten a dose of biothrive nutrients they should green back up.

As you can see I've added more plants to my garden. A coleus, another miniature rose and the ankor sunrise that doesn't look so good.

Here are the pics

Angkor sunrise looking yellow

J1h433w.jpg

The coleus and roses
bwIr330.jpg

Jalapeno's
VfFrImY.jpg

Jalapeno Flowers not sure if you can see them but they are starting to open
2yH5KTo.jpg

Tomorrow I'll take all the plants out of the garden and hand pollinate any open flowers by tickling the flowers with my finger. This method has worked in the past better than shaking the plants. It takes a bit more time but is worth it in the end.

Back