• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

powder-flake For My Chile Powder Freaks Out There

Some left over peppers. So now they become chile powder. I haven't done Douglah powder before. Curious indeed!

Dehydrate.png

Try a chipotle. They are smoked, smoke-dried actually, a combo of smoking and dehydrating, and pecan is a Mexican native wood.

Well I did not have enough Pecans laying around. I did have a bunch of habs some mangos, apples and tangerines growing on a tree. So I put all the fruit in the water and am smoking the habs now with cherry wood. I'll dehydrate the habs and see what we got. What a fun night already. You folks are great.

So I do not have pecan chips yet. But all these Douglahs still. So I sprinkled them with coconut aminos and a lot of brown sugar. Going into the smoker with cherry wood chips. Maybe some onion in the water?
8340C9F3-17A7-4B6C-A42D-5ED704587026.jpeg

hmmmm...maybe you know something I don't, b/c my move would've been too hit'm bareback--- cut them in half bilaterally and put'm on the rack plain, dry, and unadorned.... schmoke'm over whichever wood you want to use.  My smoke guy, lately he's not even been halfing them.  He just rinses them, pops the stem off and smokes thoroughly. 

Bicycle808 said:
  hmmmm...maybe you know something I don't, b/c my move would've been too hit'm bareback--- cut them in half bilaterally and put'm on the rack plain, dry, and unadorned.... schmoke'm over whichever wood you want to use.  My smoke guy, lately he's not even been halfing them.  He just rinses them, pops the stem off and smokes thoroughly. 

I was thinking about finishing them in the dehydrator. Add some dried ginger, onion and garlic. Make a seasoning mix.

Back