On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,697 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 07:31 PM

You have plants everywhere,
and they all look great.

Thanks, Fish, I didnt notice 🤨

🦆

Edited by PaulG, 07 August 2019 - 09:05 PM.

:dance: Every Pod a Victory!  Life Force is Strong!

Pimenta de Neyde x Bonda Ma Jacques - Community Grow 

#582 internationalfish

internationalfish

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:00 PM

You have plants everywhere,
and they all look great, Fish.

Aww, thanks, ya ol' pube topper, you.  :oops:

#583 internationalfish

internationalfish

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:59 AM

Basically, holy crap. These manganji seeds really, really want in on the grow.

manganji-riot.jpg

The guy on the right came up with severe helmet head, but I had them under a cover, and for me that's almost always kept the seeds soft enough to come off fairly easily. Worked here as well.

I planted something like 8-10 of them, assuming the germination rate would be poor, coming from a pod that had obviously been picked when it'd just barely started to ripen. Clearly not the case. While it's still up in the air whether any of these would grow true, I'm pleased with their enthusiasm.

The sucette de Provence have not germinated at all. Which I'm not broken up about. The coir has plenty of moisture in it; I'll let it sit until it dries out, and if nothing comes up by the time that happens, I'll start some corno di toro.

And where are my net pots, Amazon?! China isn't that far from here! Get your act together!

#584 internationalfish

internationalfish

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 06:59 PM

After putting this off for longer than I should've, the bonchi experiment finally got potted up.

It's not as rootbound as I expected, but they're still packed in there pretty good. Not the best picture, but it was damn hot out there, so it wasn't as leisurely as I'd prefer.

bonchi-root-ball.jpg

Almost there...

bonchi-en-place.jpg

...and done. Oh look, fish, you managed to stick it in nice and off-center. Great work, jackass.

bonchi-off-center.jpg

It's sitting in the shade out there for a while; probably bring it in and leave it in the entryway overnight, harden it off over the next few days. Monday's a holiday! It's the observation of "Mountain Day." Hooray for very large rocks!

#585 internationalfish

internationalfish

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 09:58 PM

Emptied out my first ferment! Made it almost a month before I couldn't wait any longer. :D

fermented-peppers.jpg

It didn't make a whole lot of sauce, but I randomly managed to get it right at the upper end of my heat tolerance. So that's lucky. Also looking forward to cooking with the happy pepper dregs.

first-saucec.jpg

I am thinking of ordering either a decent blender or a food mill, though. This turned out reasonably well, but it took longer than I really want to spend on such a small amount of sauce. It's going to be a much bigger pain for the big ferment, which is several times as large as this.

Anyway. I think it's shaping up to be a chicken wings in the air fryer night. :cool:

#586 CaneDog

CaneDog

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 12:48 AM

...and done. Oh look, fish, you managed to stick it in nice and off-center. Great work, jackass.

Too funny 'fish 'cause that's exactly what I was thinking when I saw that  ;)

Emptied out my first ferment! Made it almost a month before I couldn't wait any longer. :D

It didn't make a whole lot of sauce, but I randomly managed to get it right at the upper end of my heat tolerance. So that's lucky. Also looking forward to cooking with the happy pepper dregs.

Anyway. I think it's shaping up to be a chicken wings in the air fryer night. :cool:

This is such awesome man. Chicken wings with homegrown homemade hot sauce. Just doesn't get any better than that!

OK, yeah, it does get better than that, but that's still pretty damn good!

Current glog:  Hirsute Pursuit – Rocotos, Wilds & Moar  - http://thehotpepper....tos-wilds-moar/

#587 internationalfish

internationalfish

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 01:47 AM

OK, yeah, it does get better than that, but that's still pretty damn good!

With homemade Creole seasoning as well!

Batch #1 has been marinating for a few hours. Got a buddy stopping by around 5 to help me with them. :)

mmmm.jpg

#588 lespaulde

lespaulde

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 03:20 AM

That's gonna be awesome, enjoy the goodness! :)

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

#589 internationalfish

internationalfish

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 06:30 AM

That's gonna be awesome, enjoy the goodness! :)

Thanks! We mysteriously ended up with three friends stopping by instead of one. So I'm busy on the air fryer, but that's where I like to be.

#590 internationalfish

internationalfish

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 11:19 PM

Not too long ago I stared some chocolate hab salt. Going to give it a while and then dry it out, see how this works; it's just a quartered pepper in with some salt.

choco-hab-salt.jpg

Today I figured I'd get rid of the peppers that have been piling up over the last week or so; already got plenty of sauce in the works, so I'm finally starting up the dehydrator.

pre-de-hydration.jpg

Clockwise from top right: Day-glo devil's tongue, lemon drop, hawk's claw and SLR, and chocolate habanero.

My office is already starting to smell peppery. :)

[edit: Also just ordered a high-powered blender from the US, since that's less than half the price, even with shipping and import duties. It'll replace my little food processor and hopefully make sauces easier.]

Edited by internationalfish, 11 August 2019 - 11:40 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chocolate habanero, cgn 21500, aji lemon drop, alma paprika, indoor, container

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests