• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Could you help me identify these?

I know this is kind of late. The season is over, the batch of the sauce is cooked, however now is the time to identify these. They are not as ripe as they should be, as I harvested them early due to bad weather.

Anyway, when I got the seeds they were marked as (from left to right): EDIT: As the pic won't rotate for some reason, here are the pods from bottom to top.

1. Habanero - they turn completely red when ripe. Got them from a friend who just marked the seeds as "habanero". Medium hot. Could you confirm from the pic that these are habaneros?
2. Carolina reaper - I got the seeds from a store sold as Carolina reaper, however I dont think those are reapers. These are really hot. Could you help me identify these?
3. Jolokia Yellow - Got the seeds from my friend, he said those are supposed to be yellow jolokia (I guess yellow ghost pepper?). These are also really hot.
4. Carolina reaper - I got these from trusted seller of the chillies. I believe this really is Carolina reaper. Kept the plant on the balcony for whole summer and didn't get a single pod on them as all of the flowers dropped for some reason (I guess it was baking too much on the hot sun surrounded with concrete). As of late August, the plant just went absolutely crazy and getting tonns of these pods. Harvested them early, but they turn out completely red when ripe. These are extremely hot.

Attachments

• IMG_20181103_093837.jpg
    IMG_20181103_093837.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 113
Hi mtj - 

1, 3 & 4 all look pretty true to name imo.

#2 is not a reaper but I don't know what it is.  

Reactions: CMJ
Back